Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Well... so far still no luck on getting this thing into debug mode. I have no clue whats going on.

Alright, so I can't even seem to unzip the file... 7zip tells me "Unsupported compression method for 'nookhoney.img'. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chad

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_Taylor View Post
    Alright, so I can't even seem to unzip the file... 7zip tells me "Unsupported compression method for 'nookhoney.img'. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chad
    Only Winrar will work. 7zip won't work.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Running Windows 7 here as admin.

I've downloaded the honeycomb image twice now.

Unzipped the image to my desktop.

Downloaded WinImage and ran WinImage (administrator)

After opening I click DISK-->RESTORE VIRTUAL HARD DISK IMAGE ON PHYSICAL DRIVE...

Then select FILE TYPE-->ALL and select the unzipped honeycomb image and click OK.

After it's done I click 'EJECT' on the mem card and then put the SD card into the nook when it's off.

I boot it up and it sits as A N D R O I D _ for 10+ minutes with no luck.

I've rebooted 5-6 times and same results.

What am I doing wrong? This shouldn't be this hard.

Also I'm running 1.0.1 stock Nook and using a 16gb class 4 card.

Anyone else having trouble getting it into debug mode to use ADB? I tried it in windows too... no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
    Only Winrar will work. 7zip won't work.
    Thank you sir.

Default honey comb

I downloaded Honey comb it works but wont connect to wifi it reverted to 2.2 once than i rebooted into honeycomb tried again and it froze. Also how do i view my book shelve or is that gone now?

There is a 7zip version that works. It is what I used. Download here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19454593/nookhoney.7z

Quote Originally Posted by cvc56 View Post
    There is a 7zip version that works. It is what I used. Download here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19454593/nookhoney.7z
    what is this for?

ok keep getting wifi errors, pc doesnt recognize nook, no book shelve? yeah its honeycomb but whats the point?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Quote Originally Posted by restodaveny View Post
    what is this for?
    He posted an alternate image of the Honeycomb port that's zipped up with 7zip.

Quote Originally Posted by restodaveny View Post
    ok keep getting wifi errors, pc doesnt recognize nook, no book shelve? yeah its honeycomb but whats the point?
    Am i the only one with these problems?

This is a 7zip version of the nookhoney.img. I don't have winrar so I used this image file with 7zip to extract it. It works fine. Just use winimage to burn it.

Alright, seem to be stuck on the A N D R O I D _ boot screen...then it just starts over again. Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by bbalz View Post
    This shouldn't be this hard.
    How easy did you expect it to be?

- Mark

Quote Originally Posted by cvc56 View Post
    This is a 7zip version of the nookhoney.img. I don't have winrar so I used this image file with 7zip to extract it. It works fine. Just use winimage to burn it.
    i have honey comb working but cant use wifi (freezes or errors) and is the book shelve gone ?
    the wifi reads my router but freezes when i try WPS or errors when i use password

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_Taylor View Post
    Alright, seem to be stuck on the A N D R O I D _ boot screen...then it just starts over again. Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chad
    This is exactly what I get. I've re-burned the image after re-downloading.

Burning with Win 7 and WinImage (administrator)

After the image is on the card, removed the card and put it into my Nook (when it was off) and then booted on.

Just sits at A N D R O I D _ in the top left corner when holding the nook upright.

This seems like I'm missing a step but I'm not. I'm running Nook stock 1.0.1

Please help.

Honeycomb went without a hitch. I see all my apps in market, but I get download failure messages when I try to reinstall them. Wifi connected just fine as a matter of fact better then when running Nookie internal. I assume the download failures may be related to the SD card format?? But what a beautiful UI. Something to look forward to.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by abarron View Post
    Honeycomb went without a hitch. I see all my apps in market, but I get download failure messages when I try to reinstall them. Wifi connected just fine as a matter of fact better then when running Nookie internal. I assume the download failures may be related to the SD card format?? But what a beautiful UI. Something to look forward to.

Andy
    Thanks for letting me know your wifi works i will try re imaging it maybe that will help

Ok how does one install the market place from a mac os preferably? It's extremely confusing and I am unfamiliar with command windows.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abarron View Post

Andy
    Ditto for me. No problems loading and getting the market loaded (even if it won't download).

The Honeycomb UI is beautiful. WiFi works great. Really looking forward to the future releases as things get worked out.

Awesome job, developers!!

Quote Originally Posted by markewallace View Post
    How easy did you expect it to be?

- Mark
    I followed the steps outlined on a Mac and it was dead easy and all the installation steps worked without a hitch. I've had problems getting ADB to work on my W7 without the right drivers etc but not with OSX.

I tried installing some of my dev APK files which work on Nookie Froyo but got some deployment errors and didn't work, which I guess is not unexpected.

This is awesome, would do it now but I need sound. Will wait for later release, keep up the good work devs, I love being on the cutting edge!

I think ability to download apps would be more useful than sound but I wonder if existing apps are supposed to work with Honeycomb as is or if they have to be ported somehow.

I booted up in honeycomb in less than 1 min on first boot. Using a 8gb class 6 card
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast