[HOW-TO] Download/Install Honeycomb to Nook Color (SD card)

eyew

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that's not working for me is the Market. I can get into it and authenticate, but I can't actually install anything. Is there a fix that I may have missed?

Same here. I'm assuming it's because it's trying to download to SD card but it can't use the one we booted up from.

I get that msg when trying to view PDFs in Gmail as well. Tried swapping microSD cards but it hung so doesn't look like that's an option.

Any suggestions, anyone ?

PS Am really impressed BTW - great job !

tmcarr

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm on Ubuntu 10.10. All is well, I'm running Honeycomb :)D) except for *one* thing.

I cant get ADB to recognise the nook color. Is there any notification on the device when it goes into "debug mode" as with previous versions of android?

crazace

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
OK I give up. Downloaded the image, installed WinRAR, installed WinImage.

Extracted the file and tried to write to an 8gb SDHC card using winimage the way the directions say and all I get is errore writing disk. Error code 5.

Uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled.... repeat the rest 10 times. It looks like HC is a no go for me unless anyone has any idea what else to do???

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Those getting bootloops, are you using the overclock kernel? I had to go back to the original kernel because mine got stuck on the small android splash screen. If so, go back to the original and you should be fine.

If anyone forgot to back up the original here it is: uImage

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Extracted the file and tried to write to an 8gb SDHC card using winimage the way the directions say and all I get is errore writing disk. Error code 5.

Uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled.... repeat the rest 10 times. It looks like HC is a no go for me unless anyone has any idea what else to do???

Try turning off virus protection/firewall? Run as admin? That's the best I got.

tmcarr

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm the "Debug Mode" notification in Honeycomb? I'm not getting it, and I suspect my nook color isnt going into that mode... I'd just like to know if they took out the notification or not.

MoggSquad

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Can someone clarify steps 3 and 4 for me since my NC is new and still needs charged...

Do I connect the NC to my PC and get a file structure (ie windows explorer)? For step 4 do I open a command prompt and navigate it to the said folder on the NC then type the commands?

3. Place the files in your adb tools folder (or platform-tools on the newer version - wherever adb.exe is)

4. Open a command prompt in that folder, and issue the following commands:

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Which OS are you running? So you are running as an admin, selecting Disk, then write image to disk...hmmm...Try copying over a couple of test files in Explorer to make sure the disk isn't read only. Maybe the switch on your adapter is set to RO by accident.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm the "Debug Mode" notification in Honeycomb? I'm not getting it, and I suspect my nook color isnt going into that mode... I'd just like to know if they took out the notification or not.

I don't think there is a visual debug mode in Honeycomb...at least I didn't notice anything happening when I was using ADB

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Can someone clarify steps 3 and 4 for me since my NC is new and still needs charged...

Do I connect the NC to my PC and get a file structure (ie windows explorer)? For step 4 do I open a command prompt and navigate it to the said folder on the NC then type the commands?

3. Place the files in your adb tools folder (or platform-tools on the newer version - wherever adb.exe is)

4. Open a command prompt in that folder, and issue the following commands:

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system

For #3, You connect the NC to your computer and make sure it's connected properly by running

adb devices

in a command window from the tools folder

For #4, yes, in the same command window as above, run the command. This mounts the Nook file system in read/write mode that will let you move files around.

The "adb devices" command starts the connector process and verifies there is an android device connected.

Reactions: melt2sk8

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
for some reason i keep getting device not connected but i think its trying to search for my evo any way to fix that

reboot your nook....make sure your device drivers are installed...run the command "adb devices" from your sdk tools folder at a command prompt. Perhaps a sticky on troubleshooting your adb connection to the Nook is in order...

crazace

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Which OS are you running? So you are running as an admin, selecting Disk, then write image to disk...hmmm...Try copying over a couple of test files in Explorer to make sure the disk isn't read only. Maybe the switch on your adapter is set to RO by accident.

Win 7 32bit, selected the Disk, then write image to disk, SD card works great. Just formatted it again even and put some files on it. Reformat... tried again, same error.

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Running Windows 7 here as admin.

I've downloaded the honeycomb image twice now.

Unzipped the image to my desktop.

Downloaded WinImage and ran WinImage (administrator)

After opening I click DISK-->RESTORE VIRTUAL HARD DISK IMAGE ON PHYSICAL DRIVE...

Then select FILE TYPE-->ALL and select the unzipped honeycomb image and click OK.

After it's done I click 'EJECT' on the mem card and then put the SD card into the nook when it's off.

I boot it up and it sits as A N D R O I D _ for 10+ minutes with no luck.

I've rebooted 5-6 times and same results.

What am I doing wrong? This shouldn't be this hard.

Also I'm running 1.0.1 stock Nook and using a 16gb class 4 card.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463