[HOW-TO] Download/Install Honeycomb to Nook Color (SD card)

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok how does one install the market place from a mac os preferably? It's extremely confusing and I am unfamiliar with command windows.

Thanks

All of the commands work on a Mac as well. As long as you have adb running properly you should be cool. Check the Rooting for Mac thread in the Fascinate thread

*paraphrased*

1.) Download the SDK from the above link and drag the contents to your Macintosh HD in finder.
2.) In Finder open up /android-sdk-mac_x86/tools, then extract the 4 files in the attached RAR to this folder.
3.) Open applications > go to Utilities > then open Terminal.
4.) Enlarge the Terminal window for easier viewing.
5.) If your Fascinate is plugged in to the Mac, unplug it now.
6.) On the Fascinate go to settings > applications > development and make sure USB debugging is checked.
7.) Plug the Fascinate into your Mac.
8.) From Terminal type the following (without the $ signs):

$ cd ..
$ cd ..
$ cd and*
$ cd tools

Then type in the same commands as in the first post except add a ./ to the front of adb so your commands would be

./adb devices

This checks the adb connection

physicxnad

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
sorry, a little confused but how do I connect via adb? And i'm also having trouble with my computer recognizing the nook, where can i get the drivers?

jrmart1984

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Alright, trying to write the image to an SD using a Mac and it just will not do it. For whatever reason, whenever I run the dd command, it tells me that the permission is denied. I tried running a sudo dd command and it still told me "permission denied." Any ideas? Here is what a copy of what I have done can someone tell me if I did something incorrect or if there is a fix? thanks!:

new-host:~ xxxxxxxx$ diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2
Unmount of all volumes on disk2 was successful
new-host:~ xxxxxxxx$ dd if=/Users/xxxxxxxx/Downloads/nookhoney.img of=/dev/rdisk2 bs=1m
dd: /dev/rdisk2: Permission denied
new-host:~ xxxxxxxx$ sudo dd if=/Users/xxxxxxxx/Downloads/nookhoney.img of=/dev/rdisk2 bs=1m
Password:
dd: /dev/rdisk2: Permission denied
new-host:~ xxxxxxxx$

Homer_S

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
3A. PC Users:

- The usual program for this, Win32DiskImager, isn't working with this large file. So download WinImage, and under 'Disk' choose "Restore Virtual Image to Physical Drive." Change the files shown at the bottom to "all files" and select the file.
You just need a more recent version of Win32DiskImager. Go here or Google search for Win32DiskImager. I used this one: win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.2-r23-win32.zip with no issues.

Homer

MattG999

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
password

so am able to get it boot up but it stops and ask for a password.

"enter password to decrypt storage"

anyone know what it is,or did i do something wrong.

tks, Matt

bigghek

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
sd card

This is exactly what I get. I've re-burned the image after re-downloading.

Burning with Win 7 and WinImage (administrator)

After the image is on the card, removed the card and put it into my Nook (when it was off) and then booted on.

Just sits at A N D R O I D _ in the top left corner when holding the nook upright.

This seems like I'm missing a step but I'm not. I'm running Nook stock 1.0.1

Please help.

What kind of sd card are you using?

If it is an off brand it might not work.

Try a sandisk. Your problem should be solved.

MattG999

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of anything that would be asking you for a password. Does it boot into Honeycomb, then ask for a password?
Yes, it runs thru with the android words and then stops asking for a password. I put in one of my regular pw, isn't right. I re flashed the card, same thing.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
dunno...could you take a pic of the screen and post? I havent seen that problem yet here or on xda.

You didn't format this on a work machine did you? Sometimes corporate systems add extra encryption to removable drives.

MattG999

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
password

dunno...could you take a pic of the screen and post? I havent seen that problem yet here or on xda.

You didn't format this on a work machine did you? Sometimes corporate systems add extra encryption to removable drives.

no its my home pc, here are some pics.

One my thing, I am running 1.1.0 version of the Nook, not rooted. tks,