Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 59606162
Results 1,526 to 1,548 of 1548
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: [HOW-TO] Download/Install Honeycomb to Nook Color (SD card)

Thanks. This is probably the simplest and most straightforward tutorial for this I've seen so far.

just a few simple questions.... once I have booted with the SD Card, if I want to install apps will it install to the SD Card? Also I see the following partitions... boot, disk2s2, disk2s3, and sdcard... I have used an 8GB card that now has 5+GB free space, how can i claim that free space for apps and other personal items?

Just waiting for the wife to get back from her trip with the nook.... So at this stage I have the SD Card writen and just need to get step 4 done.... this is done from the nook? where should i put those files?

Also I have several apk files that i would like to install, where should they go?

Sorry for the numerous questions, just fairly new to Android

Running both Windows and Mac platforms so either platform for directions......
    Thanks in advance!

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by cspedley View Post
    just a few simple questions.... once I have booted with the SD Card, if I want to install apps will it install to the SD Card? Also I see the following partitions... boot, disk2s2, disk2s3, and sdcard... I have used an 8GB card that now has 5+GB free space, how can i claim that free space for apps and other personal items?

Just waiting for the wife to get back from her trip with the nook.... So at this stage I have the SD Card writen and just need to get step 4 done.... this is done from the nook? where should i put those files?

Also I have several apk files that i would like to install, where should they go?

Sorry for the numerous questions, just fairly new to Android

Running both Windows and Mac platforms so either platform for directions......
    Thanks in advance!
    Honeycomb is broken, don't use it. Use ice cream sandwich or cm7.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

The link is broken (NC 1.4.1 stock image - complete restore to stock).
    Has someone a working link?

Thanks in advance

Ok folks, it's just not that easy. Followed instructions to root the nook with the clockwork for 4gb. I walked through instructions and had many issues consuming 10 hrs of my time between two computers...... Finally, got the honeycomb zip file loaded on the same card as clockwork utility. I started the install by pointing to the honeycomb zip file. It started to run and almost immediatly it came back with "installation aborted". Now What? I tried downloading a new copy of the zip file, no such luck. Now I've got a $200 door stop.

I know this is a stupid question but to get the android market do you download the downloads on your pc or your NC. Also what is adb tools folder

What are you trying to do?

---------------------------------------------------
    Sent from the Center of My Mind
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro
    XE-Sero7ROM US (w/ TabletUI) v. [P756.6.02.11.00]

Have I done something wrong? My Nook says loading then has the word Android with a blinking prompt on the left side of the screen. Help? New to tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by zepper View Post
    I have downloaded WinImage under "disk" there is no Restore Virtual Image to Physical Drive. There is restore virtual hard disk image on Physical drive.
    Same with me. I clicked on "Restore Virtual Hard Disk image on physical drive..." but it's not the same thing. I can't seem to get it to work. Help, anybody?

my nook color does not have a sd card slot that i can find so...I require assistance please

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Doktor View Post
    my nook color does not have a sd card slot that i can find so...I require assistance please
    Really? On the corner that has the lanyard loop, on the back is a small cover held on with magnets. Under there. Google, nook color manual. And maybe RTFM.

---------------------------------------------------
    Sent from the Center of My Mind
    Last edited by MISRy; 05-30-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro
    XE-Sero7ROM US (w/ TabletUI) v. [P756.6.02.11.00]

after typing this "adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system" in the command prompt i get error device not found. please help
    Thanked by:

Hey Guys i really need help when i download the image file it decompresses it for me on mac osx 10.6.8 and when i tried to copy the image file on the sd card i keep getting "no such file or directory" ! whats the problem ? ive tried three times and still cant get it. i mess up when downloading the files, because the directions say, "unzip" the image file but i didnt know how to do that, and if its opening it, ive already done that like ten million times.....im able to get the sd card unmounted but i just cant get past the part of loading it onto the sd card, this is my first time doing this, can anybody help please?

Hey for some reason the touch screen isnt working for me im on 1.4.2 and i booted fine but no touch working, flash me an email if you know whats wrong with it

I was so fired up to get this working, but I have tried this over 5 times with the exact same results. I have rooted my Droid with no problem, so I have a bit of inclination, or at least can follow directions.

Anyway, I have an 8GB Class10 card I am using.
    I connect to WinImage, select the honeycomb file, and follow the restore process.
    I watch the dialog box, and it fills up in pink as it goes up to 100%. Once it hits 100%, it just closes - no Success or additional dialog.

I can see the files on the card, but when I put it into my Nook Color, it just boots normally.

HELP! I have downloaded the image multiple times, and don't see what else can be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

This is my frist time

You should use a Sandisk class 4 or 2 card with the NC. Class 10s don't work.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

have a question about the Market install. Is there a way to point to a different Market?
    Since I am from Germany I would like to download some apps in german.
    I've installed the market from the first page how to but all the apps available in that market are in english.

btw, the HC runs great on my NC.

Apologize, just found that german apps are included in the Market.

Thanks for the good work!

Stuck at the booting, just says Android_ at the lower left, nothing else happens.

Im not so tech so im wondering... I am only trying to get the android software to my nook

I have multiple files I have downloaded trying this. I have been using winimage as admin. It will start to write to my sd but at 99 percent complete and say it can not read.....

any suggestions

---------- Post Merged at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:23 AM ----------

im using an 8gb san disk class 4

Same problem with me. The touch screen is not just working.

hey,
    This is my first time trying to root anything. I opted for the honeycomb on sd card. The whole process worked up until i try to install any google apps. After finding the abk fix and so forth, my computer finally says that it recognizes the tablet. unfortunately the tablet does not show usb mode and niether the sdk or side intaller see the tablet. i am stuck lost, and frustrated. any help?
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 59606162