[HOW-TO] Download/Install Honeycomb to Nook Color (SD card)

sgrif08

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Monkey... Thanks for the guideance, it still however is doing the same thing. Not really sure what to think at this stage, it was coming together great until this point..... LOL

rhinomo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Got it working through windows 7 with the image with the marketplace but I tried downloading an app like angry birds & the download just stalls. I tried restarting a couple times but it doesn't help. It currently says angry birds & 3 more are set to download.

1. How do you force cancel downloads?

2. Is there a way to get the market working with out using adb?

Deadeye007

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I was having the problem with it asking for a password at book to decrypt the card. I got that issue when using the last link that's got the changes done to it already (The 150 ect.). I tried again with one of the other links and it worked.

However when using Honeycomb can we also use the original functions like Library and Shop? I'd still like to be able to use it as a e-reader.

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
angry bird downloads successfully but fails to install.

who said it installs? lol. . .fruit ninja works perfectly but not angry birds.

and APK that is able to be pushed via ADB?

avidatta

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
where did you place your image file, after the download i have two drives showing "sdcard" and "boot". trying to figure this out. please help

syoggy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
This is very cool. I got Honeycomb up and running on my NC with an 8gb class 6 lexar sd - is very quick... I installed the market, which works fine. However I installed the Kindle app and the NC reboots every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled and installed the app. I read through the thread and have seen no other issues similiar to mine. Any ideas?

Thanks - Steve

Tonio21

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is very cool. I got Honeycomb up and running on my NC with an 8gb class 6 lexar sd - is very quick... I installed the market, which works fine. However I installed the Kindle app and the NC reboots every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled and installed the app. I read through the thread and have seen no other issues similiar to mine. Any ideas?

Thanks - Steve
I have the same issue going on. Some apps won't even install which is a given. Im hoping this is something that can be fixed or patched sooner than later but if not, no big deal.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What's the advantage of honeycomb over froyo?
Is there any chance the DSP will be working?

Mike

Primarily the interface. Froyo(while cool) basically turns the Nook or any tablet into a giant phone. Honeycomb is designed to be used on a tablet. Much more intuitive interface and not just a blown up phone screen.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I was having the problem with it asking for a password at book to decrypt the card. I got that issue when using the last link that's got the changes done to it already (The 150 ect.). I tried again with one of the other links and it worked.

However when using Honeycomb can we also use the original functions like Library and Shop? I'd still like to be able to use it as a e-reader.

Some people on XDA had this issue and resolved it by reformatting the card in the nook, then reburning the image to the card.

monkeydeus

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I got it going - thanks Monkeysuncle and Will for the assist! The 1.1 overclocking didn't work for me - it just sat at ANDROID_ on the screen, but the original build booted real quick. My unit seems a little laggy - is it safe to assume a more reliable overclocking file will be available in the near future? Thanks again.

smathuk

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
works like a charm! thanks will and deeperblue...
is anyone who's been successful having lag with their touchscreen? Having major lag, otherwise amazing!

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You could try this:

Recalibrate the NookColor touch screen - nookDevs

I wasn't able to do it with ADB, but I was able to do it via Terminal Emulator (on 1.0.1 rooted). I entered su and typed the first step. I tried the second, but nothing appeared on the screen while typing or after I hit enter on the NC keyboard. It appeared to lock up.

I long pressed the power key and finally got it to reset. Once it came back up, the screen response was MUCH better!

Scott

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I got it going - thanks Monkeysuncle and Will for the assist! The 1.1 overclocking didn't work for me - it just sat at ANDROID_ on the screen, but the original build booted real quick. My unit seems a little laggy - is it safe to assume a more reliable overclocking file will be available in the near future? Thanks again.

I was wondering that as well. Is it possible to include overclocking in the actual build of Honeycomb, for those of us that aren't adb proficient? Or is that not possible?

If it were a bit less laggy, I'd run Honeycomb as my daily setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy