Which variation are you running on your Nook Color?

Which variation of Nook ROM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Nook and loaded up Nookie, haven't rooted yet but seriously about to do so can't get slacker or pandora to actually play anything. So this leads me to my poll, which variation are you using on your Nook and how stable is it?:

- Nookie via SD Card ?
- Nookie via internal ?
- Stock ROM 2.1 rooted ?

The main this is to get a scientific feel of which variation tends to run better with most market apps. I was sold by Will's article and went out and bought the Nook once I figure out which works best I should really happy with this thing perfect size and brilliant screen. So far I've only been able to surf the web smoothly need to add a few more (working) apps to be completely satisfied

I'm running Nookie via class 6 card

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I"m running stock ROM 2.1 rooted, and love it :) Nookie isn't as big an upgrade for me as I'd like, I can wait until it's totally solid and running Flash well (that's really the only thing I want to upgrade it for) but definitely going to give the Honeycomb SD a shot this evening, because that's EXCITING!!! :D

tublecane

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
This is the question I would like to see answered with reasons as well. So far I have stock rooted and Nookie on non-classed sd card but I get 10mb per second tx on it so I'm assuming is 6+. I almost like the feel of stock rooted better, but need to try and customize both more. Things I like about each and don't like, and if I don't like something and there is a fix for it please let me know if someone knows!

Stock Rooted Likes:

- General feel and operation
- Better nook reader
- I really like the virtual buttons on the bottom of the screen that are always there when they can be used, so I don't need softkeys

Don't like on rooted stock:
- It doesn't seem to support pinch to zoom in apps, particularliy dolphin browser hd
- I can't figure out a good way to go to recent apps, by launching softkeys program it lists them, but I can't figure out a way to get to them by a button press or 2 EDIT: Proper softkeys setup fixed this, followed this method: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/4810-soft-keys-vs-button-savior-2.html
- All the apps I have on nookie didn't show up in the market, but supposedly that can take some time and I recently backed them all up on nookie with titanium and will put on stock and see how they work

Nookie likes:
- More familiar with it since I have EVO
- Apps seem to be working

Dislikes:
- I can't get my time to work, I set it manually and then it always gets off (EDIT: I found this issue with Stock rooted as well, maybe because I'm switching between, I'll have to look into more.
- I have the volume buttons mapped to menu and back, but not sure I'll be able to get used to this. I don't like softkeys and having to hit a spot on the screen to bring up the menu. If there was a way to have the menu keys at the bottom of the screen all the time I might like this...is there an app for that? EDIT: I have setup softkeys properly like in above post, but still I don't like having to hit a hard key to get the menu and back keys. If I could swipe for back or something that would be fine but I can't handle 2 key presses for back, so will have to get used to using it on the volume key.
- So far the video I've downloaded via tubemate and viewed via rockplayer was less than satisfactory, plays way better on my EVO. Sound was ok and video decent but it was kind of choppy and not in synch with the audio. I need to look into how to get video the best format for this. EDIT: Same video had same playback issues on rooted stock, I'll just have to look into proper settings and see how it works.

Last edited:

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Stock rom 1.0.1 with auto update disabled. Also have a Nookie Froyo on class 6 SD but something is corrupt in the OS and I get constant FC's on several apps. I plan on burning a new one soon.

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sure you're an adviser maybe you can add it :) ..........but mostly I'm jealous if you're running Honeycomb, I wants it!

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
On another note, it seems to be standard that most people are running the stock eclair ROM, I guess thats my next step

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Sure you're an adviser maybe you can add it :) ..........but mostly I'm jealous if you're running Honeycomb, I wants it!

Yeah, actually despite the magical powers they've granted me with here in the forums, I can't seem to change the poll at all. I guess it wouldn't be a very good poll if I could. :p

Could always post a new one after a few days when more people have had a chance to get Honeycomb if anyone really wants to know.

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm changing my response to honeyNookie. Its beautiful!! Really beautiful!!

Edit: right now i cant see myself going back to froyo nookie but it is early

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie