| || |
Disclaimer: Please read all linked threads carefully and insure you are comfortable with all steps before attempting!!
Originally Posted by fascinatesam
This is just for informational purposes, I am not responsible if anything goes wrong. These are the steps I used to resolve my BSOD (Black Screen Of Death) on my Nook when I first tried this stuff.
My sincerest thanks to all developers and envelope pushers for the helpful tools that enable all of us to enjoy this great device to its fullest! (IoMonster, smauelhalff, brianf21, et al)
**End Disclaimer **
1) Don't panic
2) download IOMonsters Rootpack here under "DOWNLOADS:" section - (you will unzip once to get another zip file, then unzip that to get the img file)
3) use Win32DiskImager (Do a google search for it, its free) to burn the IMG to SD card. Make sure sd card is in a card reader when you do this.
4) Once image burned, in windows, safely remove sd card ,then plug back in to card reader and review the files. you should have two folders besides the root booting files on the sd card now.
5)download samuelhalff's Repair_boot _partition from first post here under the "In case anything goes wrong and your NC won't boot anymore: Flashable zip (to copy to root of sdcard):" section
6) place this zipped file on you sd card in either the Optional or Required folder, your choice. Just remember which one you put it in.
6a - suggested) you can add other flashable zips to either of these folders to make the SD card a recovery card (that is what I did) I added the "Froyo to emmc" flashable zip, the repair tool, the return to STOCK 1.1 and a few others to give me options. You NEED either the return to stock or Froyo flashable to use to boot to something after running repair tool as this will not allow to boot by itself....
excerpt from sam's post "If you use stock-boot after having flashed froyo, it will not be enough to boot entirely, it will only show you "touch the futur screen". For it to boot completely, you'll have to format system and data, then use complete-restore-to-stock-1.0.1 after that, or install froyo-emmc again. This should only repair your boot (mmcblk0p1) partition, allowing your NC to boot again. "
7) safely remove sd card (windows)
8) power down Nook
9) put burned sd card in Nook
10) power on with power button or plug nook into usb into pc (your choice)
11) you will boot in Clockwork recovery
12) Navigate to "install zip from sd card"
13) choose the repair tool and flash
14) do the install from sd card again to your preference of Nook operating ROM (Return to Stock or Customized Nookie Froyo 0.5.9 Image for sdcard by brianf21)
Hope this helps someone!