1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Default Can't add files to my Froyo SD Card

My NC is running Froyo off a micro SD, and when I connect it to my PC it does not show up as an option under "Computer" to add files. It shows up under device manager as a known device, but when I went to disk management and did not see it there either.

However, my PC will read the NC when the SD card is removed and booted to the internal B&N interface.

When plugging the SD in a memory card reader, the PC reads it, but there are only 3 or 4 system files. No folder structure or anything.

How would I get music, pics, etc on my SD card? I tried browsix, but the app store says it's not compatible with my device?

I could not find browsix in the market till I followed the instructions in #2 here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/barn...k-arounds.html

Browsix is very slick, but there are a few other ways you can get data on and off of the sdcard that I can think of:
    • Dropbox
    • Install an FTP client on the phone and an FTP server on your computer
    • Learn how to use adb
    • Email attachment

Browsix also has some limitations in the free version that you can either fork out for the paid or find workarounds. It won't create directories, delete files, or move files, and I think it has a file size limit. I will probably pay for the full version of Browsix, but right now to get files onto the device I use Browsix for small to medium files, and Dropbox for large files. Then I use the free ES File Explorer to create folders and move files around on the sdcard.