Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 324
  1. #251  

    Default

    Just a little heads up, but a flashlight app caused a complete crash and I had to do a fresh reformat. Just make sure to avoid certain apps.
  2. #252  
    robbyrobaz's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    ROM
    Deep Blue NC/APEX DROID X

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gabik123 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with market in this build? it won't display the home screen, but i can search to my heart's desire
    Ya. I'm having problems with market, it looks like it's working but only actually installs a few apps. I was only able to install angry birds. Other apps like Quadrant Standard and almost all other apps don't download and install.
  3. #253  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzh View Post
    No, I believe the reference is to the second post on this:

    [ZIP][DEV][ROM] HC v4 eMMC 2nd ed. - Flashable ZIP {02/21/11} - xda-developers

    "Second edition release of HC v4 on eMMC" from 2/21.

    Took me a while to find it...

    I'll flash that tonight and report back.

    - Phil
    Yeah - that fixed all the bugs I had. Market works, everything installs great, calendar works... have yet to run into an issue.

    - Phil
  4. #254  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artcwolf View Post
    Does this edition require a complete wipe? I just got the old version configured like i want it.
    Yes it does. Remember, this is still a beta-level hack of HC onto the nook. I expect updates will require a wipe for a quite a while more.

    - Phil
  5. #255  
    artcwolf's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    ROM
    CM7, Velocity 1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzh View Post
    Yes it does. Remember, this is still a beta-level hack of HC onto the nook. I expect updates will require a wipe for a quite a while more.

    - Phil
    Thanks Phil, I'll give it some more updates then before I do an update then.
  6. #256  
    robbyrobaz's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    ROM
    Deep Blue NC/APEX DROID X

    Default

    Fixed it with tricks on 1st page of this forum and by unmounting and remounting SD card when getting error 18
  7. #257  

    Default

    Same here. Unmounting SD, downloading apk and installing, then re-mounting , was the only way I was able to install several apps.
  8. #258  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobaz View Post
    Ya. I'm having problems with market, it looks like it's working but only actually installs a few apps. I was only able to install angry birds. Other apps like Quadrant Standard and almost all other apps don't download and install.
    Yeah - market is "wonky"
    It installs apps but does not show them in the list for "my apps"
    Overall this is very close ... though I feel like HC from SD card has less issue (but is obviously really slow in comparison)
  9. #259  

    Default

    This build seems to be more unstable than the previous one. I have everything working just right on the first build, there is no way I am flashing this one.
  10. #260  

    Default

    can some one give me a link for the clockwork mod recovery image download. When I click on it, it tells me theres a newer version?
  11. #261  

    Default

    Wait so what do you guys recommend, using the version on the post or a older one (or newer one.) Or even would you recommend waiting? Its so frustrating that I don't know how to download the clockworkmod . Thanks in advance.
  12. #262  

    Default Calendar not showing up

    Well I just got my new NC and installed Honeycomb as explained in the top of the thread. Worked very well, some instability and FCs, as expected, but gmail and contacts work, major apps are installed (evernote, Dolphin HD, K9, etc).

    However I can't find the Calendar anywhere. Did I miss something?

    Thanks!
  13. #263  

    Default

    Has anyone figured out how to see the full size of the internal storage instead of the .9gb?
  14. #264  

    Default

    i am haveing a hard time installing the market place on the micro sd card has someone made image file with the android market on it that i can flash to my mem card?
  15. #265  

    Default Internal Storage .92 GB

    I am also curious why the internal storage says 0.92 GB.
  16. #266  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kouki View Post
    Well I just got my new NC and installed Honeycomb as explained in the top of the thread. Worked very well, some instability and FCs, as expected, but gmail and contacts work, major apps are installed (evernote, Dolphin HD, K9, etc).

    However I can't find the Calendar anywhere. Did I miss something?

    Thanks!
    Look a few posts up where I have a link to the "v4-2nd-edition" Rom, and use that instead. It has calendar, fixes several bugs and lets the market fully work too.

    - Phil
  17. #267  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unfriendlymoose View Post
    Wait so what do you guys recommend, using the version on the post or a older one (or newer one.)
    Use v4-2nd-edition. Look a few posts up for the link.

    Or even would you recommend waiting? Its so frustrating that I don't know how to download the clockworkmod . Thanks in advance.
    Really? Just follow the link from the howto and on the page that says "there is a newer one" click the "instructions" link and at the bottom is a download section with links to the latest versions.

    - Phil
  18. #268  

    Default noobie help requested

    Hello. I think I made an error. I have a mac and was on my desktop and using terminal to copy the HC v4 emmc 2nd ed to the SD card and used this command:

    cp -R HC-v4-emmc-2nd-edition.zip /boot

    Did this put this file on a directory called boot on my desktop to copy the file into or did this just put this file somewhere random on a directory called /boot? If so where would it be. I tried the rm command and it said not a valid directory so, I can't check just looking on my desktop.

    I have a snow leopard and running a mac. Thanks in advance!
  19. #269  

    Default

    Anybody able to play flash on this? Installed this Honeycomb version awhile ago, installed beta of Flash 10.2, still can't view flash videos.
  20. #270  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony2152 View Post
    Anybody able to play flash on this? Installed this Honeycomb version awhile ago, installed beta of Flash 10.2, still can't view flash videos.
    Me neither
  21. #271  

    Default

    Gorilla72
    Make sure you are connected and both the PC and the Nook are running, then enter:
    adb kill-server
    adb start-server

    Then you can verify by typing:
    adb devices - should show a device name for the Nook.
    or
    adb shell
    should get you in the shell.

    Hope that helps.
  22. #272  

    Default

    OK...right after the format boot step I could not get my nook to go back to the install from SD card. I pressed the power button first ...tried again and finally just held down the power. Now I can not get it to turn on at all. I have a boot SD card with Clockwork REcovery on it and that does nothing. When I plug in the NC I get an orange glow as though it is charging...but can not get it to show anything on the screen...won't boot at all. Any advice or help?
  23. #273  

    Default

    after the format boot step the power button would not take me back to install from sd card. The screen was just locked up. Like an ***** I held down the power button until it turned off. No I can not get the screen to come on at all, if I plug it into my computer it does not recognize the NC or the micro SD in it (although it makes the sounds like I have inserted something and then gives the fail.)....also loading up the bootable Clockwork Recovery SD card doesn't help either. Any advice?
  24. #274  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vichoff View Post
    OK...right after the format boot step I could not get my nook to go back to the install from SD card. I pressed the power button first ...tried again and finally just held down the power. Now I can not get it to turn on at all. I have a boot SD card with Clockwork REcovery on it and that does nothing. When I plug in the NC I get an orange glow as though it is charging...but can not get it to show anything on the screen...won't boot at all. Any advice or help?
    This happened to me too... hold the power button for longer - like 15 seconds - and it'll turn back on.
  25. #275  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobots View Post
    Gorilla72
    Make sure you are connected and both the PC and the Nook are running, then enter:
    adb kill-server
    adb start-server

    Then you can verify by typing:
    adb devices - should show a device name for the Nook.
    or
    adb shell
    should get you in the shell.

    Hope that helps.
    I'm having the same problem as gorilla72 - adb won't find my nook. I've tried these steps, but it didn't fix the problem.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions