- 02-09-2011, 09:58 PM #101
- 02-09-2011, 10:03 PM #102
- 02-09-2011, 10:09 PM #103
- 234 Posts
- Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb
- 02-10-2011, 12:15 AM #105
- 02-10-2011, 02:02 AM #106
- 02-10-2011, 05:51 AM #107
- 02-10-2011, 08:44 AM #108
- 02-10-2011, 09:08 AM #109
- 02-10-2011, 09:14 AM #110
- 02-10-2011, 09:22 AM #111
- 02-10-2011, 09:31 AM #112
- 02-10-2011, 10:55 AM #113
- 02-10-2011, 01:37 PM #114
- 1 Posts
I just want to say thanks to everyone who made HC work on NC. I have been able to make all the 'essential' apps work (gmail, facebook, pandors, adobe reader, the market-most of the time, and a variety of games). I can now use my Nook Color as a daily use device. The UI is unbelievable and truly a pleasure to use.
The things I'd still like to see, but can live without are a working youtube app, flash, and a google calender.
- 02-10-2011, 02:02 PM #115
Thank You Will Shanklin!
Well, that was relatively painless! I started with my wife's NookColor which had version 1.1.0 of the firmware installed and it was registered and everything.
So, I followed the instructions for rooting here.
Then, I followed the instructions in this thread to install Honeycomb. And, so far everything seems to be working great. Best of all, after installing the Nook app from the Market, she was able to login and gain access to all of her previously-purchased Nook stuff!
My wife now thinks I'm a tech god! I humbly replied by directing her attention to this website and especially Will Shanklin! Thank you, kind sir!
- 02-10-2011, 02:35 PM #116
- 02-10-2011, 03:03 PM #117
- 02-10-2011, 08:17 PM #118
I wanted to try the adb steps, but I am stuck waiting on the data file from FileFactory (no one seems to be seeding the torrent right now)
Any ideas why the zip installation process is failing for me (as it seemed to for several other folks)?
Thanks in advance and thanks to Will for great work!
- 02-11-2011, 01:20 AM #119
Hello, thanks for the flash version of v4 of Honeycomb. I'm just curious, are you guys installing market abs via ADB or direct downloads? I installed HC today on my nook and I was only able to download one app and that was quadrant. (1547 by the way awesome NC)
I am tying to download other apps available of the market but when I push "ok" to enable the download a pop up appears stating "you item will be downloaded" the app will then start the process of being downloaded and then just disappear like nothing happened and the app is not being loaded. Bottom line I can't DL apps. Got any ideas?
I know this might not be the right place but this is the only thread i've read that has a direct flash based HC. Any help would be appreciated
- 02-11-2011, 02:51 AM #120
- 02-11-2011, 08:57 AM #121
Thank you to everyone who worked on this, especially Deeper-Blue. This is a joy to use. File explorer will not see root, but Titanium back does, both I purchased. Youtube will load but will not play videos, wi-fi syncr works, but my video podcasts are to jerky to view, I tried rockplayer and act 1 video player. Angry Birds does not install either.
We're getting there. This is the first Tablet that is out that is running Honeycomb. Wow.. This is amazing.
- 02-11-2011, 09:21 AM #122
Any ideas on what else I can try?
- 02-11-2011, 02:35 PM #123
- 02-11-2011, 03:10 PM #124
Honeycomb NC bug report
I followed the directions in the OP and they worked perfectly. Now that I've been using it for a few hours, here are the bugs I've found:
1) Market only seems to install apps when it wants to. No rhyme or reason to it. I often get "Installation error: Insufficient storage available." popups when trying to install apps from the Market (e.g. Angry Birds "error -18", Classic Tetris). I can't seem to find any way around this.
2) Video playback is spotty at best. Both Rockplayer and Act I install, but Rockplayer just fades away every time I select a video and Act I reports an unknown video error most of the time, but not every time. (error# 1, -2147483648) This happens with mkv and mp4. MP4 files have been confirmed to work on stock, non-root NC.
3) YouTube, though installed, is also hit and miss, mostly miss.
4) Music player works but lacks the fancy ui displayed by Google in their presentation (i.e. no coverflow-ish behavior).
5) Subsonic music streamer installs, but something isn't working since it won't let me access my server (which does work from EVO, desktop, etc.)
6) LogMeIn Ignition DOES install, load, allow login and remote viewing, but is also very buggy and nearly unusable.
7) Wishlist: in addition to the above, I can't find/don't have the Gmail/GCal widgets. Not sure if this is normal or not.
Once more, I am so thankful for all the hard work you are all doing to make this a reality! I'm no dev, just a power user who wants to help.
Keep up the good work!
Edit: forgot to mention the dimensions in Portrait mode. Landscape lays out fine, but when you rotate back to portrait, you lose a chunk (50ish pixels?) of the right side of the screen. Notifications popup is effected, as well as icon placement. FYI.
Last edited by Ktrout; 02-11-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Update
- 02-11-2011, 04:06 PM #125
- 0 Posts
I have tried to follow the directions exactly three times (Not all commands are the same as stated). It looks like it works but after selecting "reboot your device" it reboots back to CW with the SDcard in or out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks ahead of time!
Uninstalled CW and it works!
Last edited by MechTech; 02-13-2011 at 08:15 AM.