[HOW-TO] Flashable Zip: Install Honeycomb to Internal Memory (eMMC) of Nook Color

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got it all working. It is works pretty smoothly at 600mhz, and great over-clocked. The only thing I cannot get to work is Amazon MP3. Any ideas?

jrohrig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Flash isn't even working now, so the hacked Hulu app won't either. Maybe Netflix for Android will be out by then, who knows?

I am pretty new to this all so forgive my stupidity here, but is this a hardware/device issue? I thought that anything above 2.2 had flash built into it or at least had the ability to have it installed.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty new to this all so forgive my stupidity here, but is this a hardware/device issue? I thought that anything above 2.2 had flash built into it or at least had the ability to have it installed.

Technically, yes, but remember this is a port of an SDK preview, never intended to actually be installed on a device, so many of the hardware features are being built from the ground up. I'm confident Flash will be here and working soon.

Reactions: jrohrig

gayborg1

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You're work is awesome, Will, thanks for posting the HC files so I can try them out. I'm looking forward to having flash 10.1 on my NC, but am happy I'm able to use my Nook as a reader as well.

Greeneyedangel2

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried this yesterday, I got honeycomb to work via the SD card, but then could not get android market to run or much of anything else. This is so frustrating isnt there an easy "simple english" for us not so geeky folks to do this?

gayborg1

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Will, Any word on when Flash Player 10.1 will be available? I know you guys are working pretty hard on getting a lot of the features enabled, and I really appreciate it.

Radrobe

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks devs!

I just want to say thanks to everyone who made HC work on NC. I have been able to make all the 'essential' apps work (gmail, facebook, pandors, adobe reader, the market-most of the time, and a variety of games). I can now use my Nook Color as a daily use device. The UI is unbelievable and truly a pleasure to use.

The things I'd still like to see, but can live without are a working youtube app, flash, and a google calender.

Thanks again!

bobdowns

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank You Will Shanklin!

Well, that was relatively painless! :) I started with my wife's NookColor which had version 1.1.0 of the firmware installed and it was registered and everything.

So, I followed the instructions for rooting here.

Then, I followed the instructions in this thread to install Honeycomb. And, so far everything seems to be working great. Best of all, after installing the Nook app from the Market, she was able to login and gain access to all of her previously-purchased Nook stuff!

My wife now thinks I'm a tech god! I humbly replied by directing her attention to this website and especially Will Shanklin! Thank you, kind sir!

Greeneyedangel2

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Could someone maybe make a step by step video and post it on Youtube for us less than tech savvy people who would like to learn how this is done? After all, everyone had to start somewhere right? :)

dsa157

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
After installing the zip, I get stuck on the "ANDROID _" flashing cursor. Any recommendations?

I am having the same issue. I verified that the mds checksum was correct. I see that the zip file installed properly according to the CW prompts. Whenever I reboot I hang at the "ANDROID_" cursor also.

I wanted to try the adb steps, but I am stuck waiting on the data file from FileFactory (no one seems to be seeding the torrent right now)

Any ideas why the zip installation process is failing for me (as it seemed to for several other folks)?

Thanks in advance and thanks to Will for great work!

Dave

gark84

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello, thanks for the flash version of v4 of Honeycomb. I'm just curious, are you guys installing market abs via ADB or direct downloads? I installed HC today on my nook and I was only able to download one app and that was quadrant. (1547 by the way awesome NC)

I am tying to download other apps available of the market but when I push "ok" to enable the download a pop up appears stating "you item will be downloaded" the app will then start the process of being downloaded and then just disappear like nothing happened and the app is not being loaded. Bottom line I can't DL apps. Got any ideas?

I know this might not be the right place but this is the only thread i've read that has a direct flash based HC. Any help would be appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes