[HOW-TO] Flashable Zip: Install Honeycomb to Internal Memory (eMMC) of Nook Color

unfriendlymoose

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Wait so what do you guys recommend, using the version on the post or a older one (or newer one.) Or even would you recommend waiting? Its so frustrating that I don't know how to download the clockworkmod . Thanks in advance.

kouki

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Calendar not showing up

Well I just got my new NC and installed Honeycomb as explained in the top of the thread. Worked very well, some instability and FCs, as expected, but gmail and contacts work, major apps are installed (evernote, Dolphin HD, K9, etc).

However I can't find the Calendar anywhere. Did I miss something?

Thanks!

animefanboy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
i am haveing a hard time installing the market place on the micro sd card has someone made image file with the android market on it that i can flash to my mem card?

jaymzh

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I just got my new NC and installed Honeycomb as explained in the top of the thread. Worked very well, some instability and FCs, as expected, but gmail and contacts work, major apps are installed (evernote, Dolphin HD, K9, etc).

However I can't find the Calendar anywhere. Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Look a few posts up where I have a link to the "v4-2nd-edition" Rom, and use that instead. It has calendar, fixes several bugs and lets the market fully work too.

- Phil

jaymzh

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Wait so what do you guys recommend, using the version on the post or a older one (or newer one.)

Use v4-2nd-edition. Look a few posts up for the link.

Or even would you recommend waiting? Its so frustrating that I don't know how to download the clockworkmod . Thanks in advance.

Really? Just follow the link from the howto and on the page that says "there is a newer one" click the "instructions" link and at the bottom is a download section with links to the latest versions.

- Phil

hyonjj

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
noobie help requested

Hello. I think I made an error. I have a mac and was on my desktop and using terminal to copy the HC v4 emmc 2nd ed to the SD card and used this command:

cp -R HC-v4-emmc-2nd-edition.zip /boot

Did this put this file on a directory called boot on my desktop to copy the file into or did this just put this file somewhere random on a directory called /boot? If so where would it be. I tried the rm command and it said not a valid directory so, I can't check just looking on my desktop.

I have a snow leopard and running a mac. Thanks in advance!

Tony2152

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Anybody able to play flash on this? Installed this Honeycomb version awhile ago, installed beta of Flash 10.2, still can't view flash videos.

MrRobots

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla72
Make sure you are connected and both the PC and the Nook are running, then enter:
adb kill-server
adb start-server

Then you can verify by typing:
adb devices - should show a device name for the Nook.
or
adb shell
should get you in the shell.

Hope that helps.

vichoff

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
OK...right after the format boot step I could not get my nook to go back to the install from SD card. I pressed the power button first ...tried again and finally just held down the power. Now I can not get it to turn on at all. I have a boot SD card with Clockwork REcovery on it and that does nothing. When I plug in the NC I get an orange glow as though it is charging...but can not get it to show anything on the screen...won't boot at all. Any advice or help?

vichoff

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
after the format boot step the power button would not take me back to install from sd card. The screen was just locked up. Like an idiot I held down the power button until it turned off. No I can not get the screen to come on at all, if I plug it into my computer it does not recognize the NC or the micro SD in it (although it makes the sounds like I have inserted something and then gives the fail.)....also loading up the bootable Clockwork Recovery SD card doesn't help either. Any advice?

jaymzh

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
OK...right after the format boot step I could not get my nook to go back to the install from SD card. I pressed the power button first ...tried again and finally just held down the power. Now I can not get it to turn on at all. I have a boot SD card with Clockwork REcovery on it and that does nothing. When I plug in the NC I get an orange glow as though it is charging...but can not get it to show anything on the screen...won't boot at all. Any advice or help?

This happened to me too... hold the power button for longer - like 15 seconds - and it'll turn back on.

jaymzh

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla72
Make sure you are connected and both the PC and the Nook are running, then enter:
adb kill-server
adb start-server

Then you can verify by typing:
adb devices - should show a device name for the Nook.
or
adb shell
should get you in the shell.

Hope that helps.

I'm having the same problem as gorilla72 - adb won't find my nook. I've tried these steps, but it didn't fix the problem. :(

YoJDawg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
so.... I did the clockwork way, created the CW SD card, copied honeycomb zip to it (copy,paste). inserted, booted, mount/storage, format system, date, boot. Install from SC card, picked the honeycomb zip....opens, installing.... installation aborted.

Anyone else get this installation aborted? I tried clearing the cache partition and still doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem? or help. I don't really want to do the huge advanced one because im not super hax. Thanks

coolVariable

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Keep having issues with apps with this (apps which ran great when I had HC on the SD card): angry birds seasons, angry brids rio, ... lots of apps just don't work and force close.
And even the apps that do work, I always have to install them and then move them from SD to phone (no app installed on Sd card will run).