Problem with rooting

Alexsmom1949

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I successfully used autonooter to root ny Nook Color version 1.1. Everything seems to be working great except I noticed that I can no longer see the Nook software version in "About your NookColor" Under software version it says "unavailable". Is this normal or should I be worried? I am a complete untechkie so this was a little daunting to me- fun though. Also- how do you disable OTA updates? I understand they will unroot my Nook Color. Is that true?
Carol

Last edited:

Alexsmom1949

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well it has been 4 days and my Nook seems to be staying rooted. Does anyone know if the software version listed as "unavailable" is a problem? This was version 1.01 when I rooted it. Everything works great and I'm pleased but still worried that B&N will do an OTA update and ruin all my work. I'm thinking the AutoNooter somehow turned off the OTA updating or is that just wishful thinking? I have done nothing except install AutoNooter for 1.01. All is really good except for the software version listed as "unavailable" under "About Your Nook Color". Sure would appreciate some reassurance if anyone knows if this is normal. Thanks.
Carol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech