1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default YouTube app won't load

Hey all. So I rooted using autorooter and things went swimmingly, but for whatever reason YouTube just doesn't work. When I go to it in the Extras menu it slides over to a black screen like it's about to load, and then a split second later I'm back at the Extras menu.

Any ideas?

If you have nook color tools installed try the "clear data" option for youtube under application manager. This fixed a similar issue for me. I've read that signing into youtube breaks it.

Sent from my Nook Color
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If you mean under Manage Applications, I don't see a "clear data" option. I just tried clearing the cache, to no avail.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'd try un/reinstalling, but for whatever reason the YouTube app doesn't show up in the marketplace for me.

Try this thread at xda. Its where I originally found the solution. Not sure why I have the clear data option now.

Sent from my rooted Nook Color
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yup, got it. Thanks a bunch man.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Though I do wish the video quality wasn't so awful. I presume it's because it's running the mobile version of the site.

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

I use the HTC EVO HD version of YouTube and it looks awesome. also use Titanium Backup to "wipe data" whenever I have an issue with YouTube.

Under options in youtube there is an HQ option, which improves things a little.

Search this forum for YouTube. There is another recent thread where I posted a link to an xda thread where one can download the HD YouTube app

Edit: found it. Its on the second page of a thread called "reinstall YouTube "
    Last edited by chaloney; 02-09-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: found post