Rooted NC always sticks on "Touch the Future"

tjfritton

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted nook color that I love. I installed the pre-rooted 1.1 update, Zeam, Angry Birds (of course), and a few other apps and it works great...

... except for when I turn it on, it prints the "Touch the Future of Reading" line on the screen and never leaves. I've left it for 10 minutes and it still sits on that screen. If I shut it down (by holding the power button for 10 seconds), when I start it up again, it gets stuck on that screen again.

The only work around I've found is to hold down the N button, the power button, and the volume up button (I'm not sure if that button is needed or not, but sometimes with just the N and power it doesn't work) and it goes to the ClockworkMod screen after "Touch the Future." From there, all I do is choose Reboot, and my NC comes up perfectly.

But then after the next time I shut down, when I turn it back on it gets stuck again (unless I go the ClockworkMod route).

Any thoughts what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if you boot partition is messed up.. have you tried to restore the boot partition (there's a sticky, just too lazy to find the link).. I think it's under the "Restore to stock" and it should have how to flash back the boot partition.

tjfritton

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried restoring the boot partition. Will that wipe out everything I have right now? I know I can go through all the steps to put it back together but I would love to not have to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34