1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooted 1.1.0 Navigation Issues

Hey guys, first time posting!

So I rooted my NC to 1.1.0 yesterday and running ADW (after I thought I bricked it at one point), and it's great for the most part. But I'm having an issue with navigated in certain programs. For instance, if I click into NookColorTools and go to Manage Applications, the back button and menu button disappear! So I have no way of navigating my way back in the menus. I get stuck wherever I am and eventually NCT's application resets back to their home menu and I can go forward again (but not back).

Also, in Dolphin Browser I clicked fullscreen and the navigation buttons completely disappeared with almost no way to get them back (I had to create a gesture to leave fullscreen). These are just a few examples of programs I've had trouble with.

I don't even know exactly what program is running the back and menu buttons, so I don't know where to go to look at the settings. Is it softKeys? Is there a way to make these buttons permanent?

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Usually there's two sets of "buttons".. the Standard Nook buttons (back and menu) which are always at the bottom of the screen (but some apps do make them disappear), then there's the soft keys.. I use button savior and they're on the right side of my screen.
    The button settings depend on which button software you use... Autonooter puts on Softkeys. SO I'd look in those settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok , so I had softKeys enabled again and I went to NookColorTools (still in the "manage applications" menu btw) I clicked on the softKey and it brought up the little softKey menu, but when I clicked the "back" arrow, nothing happened. Still stuck.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I've had the same problem in some programs with softkeys not allowing me to go back. What I do is use Task killer program, and go in and kill NookColorTools, AND Settings. Then, when I relaunch NCT, I'm back at the 1st screen.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yea I was thinking about doing that, just seems like a super pain to do that every time. Is there no program you can download to fix this?

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I had the same problem with softkeys not registering but I downloaded the latest version and it seems to be working in everything now... I have it set to only pop up when I double hit the home button, seems to work well for everything I need
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That totally worked! Thank you so much for that advice. So for future rooters: update your softKeys!

the nook also has another "back" method built into the stock rom. swipe your finger right to left along the bottom of the screen (along the menu bar). this works the same as the back button. works in nook color tools and others, but not everywhere (not in some fullscreen apps). if you start too far to the right (near the battery indicator) it will bring up the quick settings menu, so start your swipe near the center.
    Thanked by:
    lehons 

I also suggest giving button savior a try. I use it and prefer it over soft keys.

Default Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by chaloney View Post
    the nook also has another "back" method built into the stock rom. swipe your finger right to left along the bottom of the screen (along the menu bar). this works the same as the back button. works in nook color tools and others, but not everywhere (not in some fullscreen apps). if you start too far to the right (near the battery indicator) it will bring up the quick settings menu, so start your swipe near the center.
    Thank you so much! I had no idea about this, and it's awesome.