Honeycomb Comments

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site
So I like Honeycomb so far,but not too impressed past the Launcher. I thought the Browser thumb controls were pretty neat though.

A couple gripes are that everything is a little too small. Used LCD Density Changer, to go from 140 to 160, looks better.

Also, I wish you could get rid of the permanent notification bar sometimes. It takes up precious screen realty. You lose the bottom section of some apps, or the app becomes smushed. I know this should be fixed as apps are designed with the bar in mind.

Just my 2 cents...

patgnds

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I like the permanent notification bar, the softkey just gets in the way for me. This is my favorite sd rom HCv4 on sandisk cl 2 gb. great works everyone. Thank you for a more usable Nook Color.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love the browser thumb controls. It makes browsing one handed actually doable. Especially if you're mostly browsing bookmarked sites. It makes 2 handed browsing nice as well.

I understand what you're saying about the notification bar. Given that the Nook only has one hardware button, I like them being there more so then having to use SoftKeys with Foryo.

I personally think the LCD density is okay. I may play around with some settings.

I haven't noticed any apps that are squished because of the notification bar. To be fair though there are only about 4 or 5 apps I use regularly.

ben dover

May 25, 2010
Visit site
google has a option call "lightsout" which hides the softkey bar. devs will have to update their apps to take advantage of it though.

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Cyanogen could make a lights out toggle. Robo Defense Hd is a good example of the bar getting in the way of an app.

Also I hope things get a little less laggy. I had to replace the stock launcher with Launcher Pro, and Angry birds not as smooth as my Evo. I realize things will get smoother when an Asop version is released.

Also, does anyone know how to properly use the recently used app button? Does anyone know how to activate with long pressing the Nook button? I can only see 4 items at a time(one partial) and it seems that newly used apps don't always show on the list. I tried Visual task switcher, which sort of works better, but you can't long press the nook button to activate.

I'm running internal v4 @1.1. Thanks.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Also, I wish you could get rid of the permanent notification bar sometimes. It takes up precious screen realty. You lose the bottom section of some apps, or the app becomes smushed. I know this should be fixed as apps are designed with the bar in mind.

You may want to check out this XDA post. I just ran across it and it list a fix for the notification bar issue you mentioned on Robo Defense, etc.

How do you fix Apps and Games that don't stretch full screen in Landscape Mode? - xda-developers