Rooting Service

CutThroats

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
When will any of you enterprising young turks offer a rooting service. I am sure there are others like myself who would trust several of the posters on this site to root our NC and send it back. Does $25 sound like enough?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure plenty of us would be willing to do it, but honestly, if you follow the directions, it's the easiest rooting method I've used so far (even easier than the UnRevoked methods).
Even if you screw it up, most likely you'll be able to use the restore methods to get your NC back to running order.

CutThroats

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Mission accomplished...

What appears to you tech savvy folks as easy took me the better part of a day to figure out and, yes, that is WITH the instructions. I'm in my sixties and Hell on Wheels with a mouse but not much else. Once I figured out what burning an image, microsd card, etc. meant, the instructions then became crystal clear. Thanks for the work the developers put into this effort. Now...do I dare to take on HC?

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I would recomend to used the SD card method. it is very easy, you will be buring another image into the sd card.

Keep in my that you need a couple of things

-SD card, (it takes a couple of times to get it working, it depends on the sd class speed. that you might encounter problems)

-Android SDK installed

-Nook drivers

if you need the links let me know. it is a fun project to do. Like a said is better to do it on the SD card version, because you won't mess up with the internal memmory.

Reactions: CutThroats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis