Honeycomb (eMMC) problems

Evo Longoria

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I successfully followed the process two nights ago. Mostly good, but I've had these problems:

1. No Flash in the browser and it doesn't show up in the Market, so I can't install it.

2. YouTube app won't play any videos. Get message "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry".

3. Many Market apps won't install. One of them, MixZing media player, gives error "Missing shared library".

There may be other things, but this what I can think of at the moment.

These three things severely limit what you can do on the NC. Does anyone know how to fix any of this?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that the Nook has a week processor,it could probably struggle with such things that requires the software to be paired with appropriate hardware. Maybe in future builds the dev could improve it, but as of now you cannot complain. The dev did s fantastic job regardless.

Sent from my Nexus S

Evo Longoria

May 11, 2010
Visit site
With YouTube it doesnt play HQ vids I believe so you'll have to be quick and change the video to Standard Quality by hitting the upper most right

Thanks, that seems to work, though the quality of the video in landscape is unwatchable. Portrait mode is much smaller, so the quality isn't as bad. It's better than nothing.

Evo Longoria

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe in future builds the dev could improve it, but as of now you cannot complain. The dev did s fantastic job regardless.

You're right; I can't really complain, and it will get better once HC is officially released. All involved really have done a great job.

I've gotten some first-hand experience with HC, which is good. Not sure how I feel about it. HC looks and feels maybe a bit too much like a desktop OS. I feel like we're being set up as guinea pigs by Google, who want to take a run at the
Windows platform. I think I like the Froyo paradigm better. I certainly prefer the notification area be at the top of the screen rather than acting like the Windows system tray on the bottom right.

Cellphones and tablets are not desktops, and I like it that way. I hope Google and the rest keep that in mind going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463