New NC still not charging, or being recognized.

redwyvern

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This is the second NC that I've had with this problem. I'm running Windows 7, and have rooted my Nook with autonooter, and used the 1.1.0 rooted update zip. Before rooting, I checked, and the stock nook was able to charge and was read by the PC. Now, it's not coming up, and it doesn't show as charging when plugged in. I'm using the original charger and cable, and I've tried this on my desktop, and my laptop with the same results. I've tried checking and unchecking the Enable Debugging option in NookColorTools also. I've had ADB install previously, and used it with on problem so I know all the drivers were installed properly, and are still on the PC. Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong? Because if I can't charge it, I'm gonna have to restore it to stock, and that just doesn't fly.

redwyvern

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Problem solved, it was the cable. I swapped it out for one laying around the house, and it's working. I'll have to exchange it tomorrow, because I can only get a slow trickle charge with it. Whew!

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
FYI: At a nearby dollar store (Dollar Tree?) they sometimes have microUSB cables for a buck. I was skeptical, but 75% of them have worked fine for both charging and data transfer. More than a buck in gas to return that one, so I just chucked it. So now I have a bunch of 'em. Handy to have.

redwyvern

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'll be near a B&N this morning so I'll go there first. If the next cable does the same thing, then I'll just have to look into getting a cheap one. I think that the way they wrap them so tight for shipping may be the cause of this. Also, I'm starting to believe that the recall was for this and/or other hardware issues. My local B&N never sent their units back.

FYI: At a nearby dollar store (Dollar Tree?) they sometimes have microUSB cables for a buck. I was skeptical, but 75% of them have worked fine for both charging and data transfer. More than a buck in gas to return that one, so I just chucked it. So now I have a bunch of 'em. Handy to have.