For those interested: getting Barnes and Noble functionality in rooted Honeycomb.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I've been wrestling with trying to get more functionality out of my Honeycomb rooted NC. The problem? How to get the B and N app to function.

I used Nook2.0.apk, installed it using a file manager first, and then install on ADB... starting the app after install just started it for a sec, and then it disappearing back to the home screen.

Ultimately, in looking closer, I discovered the fabulous nook tools.

When you push on nook tools, you get three buttons, the bottom one is "all settings."

Push that, and down at the bottom of the screen is "Wireless." Actually, there are 3 listings for "wireless."

When I pushed the second (middle) of the 3 "wireless" labels, I found myself back in the B&N app set up.

I just followed the steps of registering (Name, address, credit card, etc) and next thing you know, I have full functionality of their ap.

I bought a book, downloaded it, and have had no difficulty reading it.

The B&N tool bar that appears when you push the button at the bottom center of the screen... all buttons, library, shopping and the like... all work.

Hopefully this will help those of us out that like to read a book every now and then... (when is there time?) but this is how I did it... and I thought I'd pass it along.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2andFro

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi.
I'm running Froyo off an SD card, and would love to get this going.
The Nook app runs, but it's not ideal.

Where did you find "nook tools"? Does it come included in HC, or did you install it yourself? I don't have it in Froyo, and can't find the .apk to download.

Thanks.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Something doesn't make sense about this. The stock features are built into the rom. If you aren't runing the rom, then accessing the features should be impossible. They are not in any way related to the B&N Nook app in the market.

Also, in HC there is only a wifi settings and wireless settings, both of which take you to the honeycomb settings menu.

Sent from my Honey Nook via Tapatalk.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi.
I'm running Froyo off an SD card, and would love to get this going.
The Nook app runs, but it's not ideal.

Where did you find "nook tools"? Does it come included in HC, or did you install it yourself? I don't have it in Froyo, and can't find the .apk to download.

Thanks.

It's in a thread over on XDA in the Nook Apps and Themes forum