Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Default Best 4 or 8gb memory at Best Buy?

Going to Best Buy in a little while; hoping one of you has a good recommendation of a card I can get there when I get my NC.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

A couple of us have tried to get a thread going with benchmarks, brands, etc. No dice. The thread I started is back on page 2 or 3 at this point, I imagine.

I'd say get a Class 6 rated 8GB microSD card, benchmark it yourself, return it if it's crap. I've got an ADATA card (??) that rates as ~Class 10 read, ~Class 6 write, and the performance has been great in the Nook Color.

Good luck.
    Motorola Droid III - Stock
    Nook Color - Froyo on microSD card
    Acrobotica.com - Wasting Time since 2010

I picked up one of these -> SanDisk - 8GB microSDHC Memory Card with Secure Digital Memory Card Adapter - SDSDQR-8192-AB11M

Its a class 4 card in the package. Be careful as BB sells 2 different Sandisk 8gig cards. Both class 4 in the package, one on sale, the other isn't.

It works good for Honeycomb, seems faster than my other 8gig cards, even my generic Class4 that came with my Moto Devour.

Using CrystalDiskMark benchmark program, this 8gig Sandisk Class 4 performs on par or slightly faster than the generic 8Gig Class 4 card that came in my Moto Devour. But neither are as fast as the 16 gig Sandisk Class2 card that came in another of my devices. (see -> forum.androidcentral.com/barnes-noble-nook-color/60167-explanation-microsd-card-classes-speeds.html )

In use, this Sandisk 8gig Class4 and the Sandisk 16gig Class2 perform (feel) about the same, and the device is definitely faster than using the generic 8gig CL4.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    I picked up one of these -> SanDisk - 8GB microSDHC Memory Card with Secure Digital Memory Card Adapter - SDSDQR-8192-AB11M

Its a class 4 card in the package. Be careful as BB sells 2 different Sandisk 8gig cards. Both class 4 in the package, one on sale, the other isn't.
    That is what I ended up going with, thanks.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

SanDisk Class 4 16gb offf of eBay for $28 shipped.