Have to manually restart Wifi after installing Nookie Froyo

bwat1009

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey I recently installed froyo to my nook color. It works great so far, but I do have one glitch. Any time that the device is powered down (not merely put to sleep) the wifi does not turn on when powered on again. This problem does not occur when going from sleep to awake. Their is an icon for "airplane mode" in the task bar at top, but it says that airplane mode is off. When i go to settings and turn on the wifi, it works fine and does so until the next power down. Is there a way to have wifi automatically start when u reboot?? It is not something that is a huge problem, just a minor inconvenience.

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
Huh...not something I've seen. Just tried it on mine and WiFi came right back on.

Has it always done this or just after you installed something? For example, I had a battery widget on my phone that allowed toggling WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. Never have tried it on my NC, but maybe something like that might be disabling and not recovering?

Did you go internal or on microSD? Not that I can think why this would matter, but I can't think of what else to ask.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Download an a app called setting profiles from the market and set up two profiles, one for wake and one for sleep. Have the sleepnprofile tur the wifi off and the wake turn it back on, the set up each profile to activate based on screen state (screen off = sleep, screen on = wake)

Sent from my Honey Nook via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance