Is there any way to get ...

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
... the stock reader on the NC to either be accessable to or installed on the HC V4?

I think that the original stock reader app on the NC is far superior to the Nook for Android app that is available. There are more options for text and background and the magazine handling is great. Is it just an apk you could pull off the internal memory?

I am fairly new to the NC and have only had the HC SD working for a few days but I love it. The only thing missing is the stock reader. I've looked here and on xda for this answer and could not find it. So, it was time to post.

There is a thread on xda about dual booting which is easy and I have done that but it is not the ideal situation. It is a lot better than having to pull the card though!

caseyatbt

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I was going to ask the same question. I really would like to keep the stock reader as well but use a custom ROM.

Posted from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am judging from the lack of positive response that this is not possible. That is really a shame! Perhaps eventually someone will figure it out or B&N will release a nook app that is closer to the stock app.

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
To keep the original Nook reader app, I decided to root the stock version instead of installing Froyo or Honeycomb. This gives me access to the Market and other apps without downgrading the Nook's original mission.

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There is a thread here where someone claims that they were able to do just that. The directions were to run NookColorTools --> All Settings --> Wireless settings (2/3), and that through this process you reactivate the stock Nook capabilities.
I`m not running HC so I haven't tried it, and there was some doubt in the thread, but it might be worth trying.
I believe the thread was titled something lie "For those interested ..."

caseyatbt

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I would imagine that someone would have to figure out how to extract the program from the stock rooted NC. And then figure out how to install it on one of the ROMS. I am guessing that the Nook Reader/Home is probably not able to be easily removed/extracted.

Posted from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz