First Time Root Help

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got a NC and started on the root process (first time) last night and ran into a problem. I was hoping someone here could point me towards a solution.

NC was 1.0.0 out of box, so I updated to 1.1.0 before doing anything. No problems with software update.

Then downloaded Win32DiskImager and Autonooter 3.0 from GMPower. Extracted Autonooter using 7zip. Everything seemed to be going fine up to this point.

Put my microSD card (PNY 8gb Class 4) into SD adapter and plugged into computer. And when I tried to image disk, no go. I tried a few times and got several different errors - unable to lock volume error 8 or disk is full. I tried formatting the micro SD disk and reinstalled windiskimager. Still get same error.

I copied a PDF to the disk and opened it, so SD appears to be working okay.

Do I need to get a USB card reader for the windiskimager to work correctly?

Thanks for any suggestion anyone has.

MazoMark

ericm1981

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I was trying to use my phone as an SD reader. I finally got a Dynex brand reader and it worked fine.

Only other thing I can think of is to make sure that the windows is not trying to access the SD card in any other way. Don't open the explorer to view the SD card contents. Worked for me. Hope you get it eventually.

Reactions: MazoMark

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
Just as a test of your reader, can Win32DiskImager read off the microSD card? Put that PDF on there and see if it can read the image to a file.

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I was trying to use my phone as an SD reader. I finally got a Dynex brand reader and it worked fine.

Only other thing I can think of is to make sure that the windows is not trying to access the SD card in any other way. Don't open the explorer to view the SD card contents. Worked for me. Hope you get it eventually.

Well that was easy. I tried again and made sure explorer was shut down, and diskimager worked fine. Had my NC rooted in 5 minutes. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Mark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar