Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Honeycomb SDK finalized!

The moment we've been waiting for is here! With the final SDK out for Honeycomb, we should be seeing a FINAL STABLE version real soon! Now I'm torn between CM7, and this. On one hand, I like the newness of Honeycomb, but at the same time, CM7 mod is really rocking with the new nightlies (minus video :-( ). What's a NC owner to do???

Honeycomb is a tablet OS and the Nook is more a tablet than it is a phone.

I say you rock the CM7 Nightly builds until you see of version of HC that is stable enough for your needs.

That's what I plan to do.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Default Best option?

So after rooting to hc and taking my nook back to stock last night, I want to try the nightly mod however I can't locate it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 1.1-CM7-Stock

my nook color should be coming here within 1-2 days...should i jump in and put on v4 or should i wait for v5...is it hard to upgrade from each version or is it easy
    My list:
    God
    Family
    Android
    Everything else
    Devil
    Apple
    Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by PoohBearCale View Post
    So after rooting to hc and taking my nook back to stock last night, I want to try the nightly mod however I can't locate it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Here is the CM7 Nightly
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/barn...mory-emmc.html

Quote Originally Posted by techh10 View Post
    my nook color should be coming here within 1-2 days...should i jump in and put on v4 or should i wait for v5...is it hard to upgrade from each version or is it easy
    It may mean a complete wipe to go from v4 to v5...especially if v5 is based of the new full HC SDK...

You need to wait until V5 comes out and see what the recommended instructions are.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Can't wait for a FULL Honeycomb version! Version 4 is already great. SOOO excited

I'm waiting for a more stable HC.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Yeah, that sounds like a plan. It's so nice to have options! Ultimately, Honeycomb will live on my NC. BUT... a stable CM7 on a bootable SD card would be nice to have as well!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslacker View Post
    Honeycomb is a tablet OS and the Nook is more a tablet than it is a phone.

I say you rock the CM7 Nightly builds until you see of version of HC that is stable enough for your needs.

That's what I plan to do.