Help! New to android and nook

Toymaker

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have Froyo on my wife's Nook and without a back button, we can't seem to back out of certain features like emails. Any guides out there on getting familiar with android and more specifically android on the nook?
Thanks

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a button, but if you slide a finger from right to left along the bottom of the screen it does the same thing most of the time.

jmrmotorhead

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I am running the Honeycomb preview on mine, so it has built in on screen keys for back, home, and recent. However I believe if you download the application called "softkeys" you can set up a hovering, translucent menu bar to provide you with these buttons.
Hope this help!
Matt

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am running the Honeycomb preview on mine, so it has built in on screen keys for back, home, and recent. However I believe if you download the application called "softkeys" you can set up a hovering, translucent menu bar to provide you with these buttons.
Hope this help!
Matt

You can also try an app from market calle button savior. It works great on the stock rooted nook, works a lot nicer than the stock soft keys that a re out there

Reactions: sweaner

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I much prefer Button Savior over Soft Keys

me too. i just discovered BS today after having major frustration with the SK back button not working.

edit, seems like BS has this issue too. it seems to work fine for a bit, then suddenly only the home button works.

Last edited:

Toymaker

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. It sounds like there are some excellent options out there as soon as I can get my computer work with the nook so I can get the app market working. That part is really killing me.