Some apps not in market, cant install apks?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. So I have the Stock Nook Rom on the Color and its rooted. Even though I have the allow non market apps to be installed icon clicked, I still cant download APKs and install them? Also, some apps are not showing up in the market. I notice some people have like Google Reader on there Nook and Google Maps. I dont cant get those programs although I would really love them. I do have Gmail and stuff. And even my google calendar is not synced with my actual google calender. Youtube app wont open either. Any Help? Thanks guys

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
google calendar doesnt sync very well, there are some people who have found things that seem to help, cant remember what the fixes were. youtube fix including links to hq youtube.apk discussed in many threads.

use the search function in the forums, many answers are easy to find

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Still cant get YouTube to work. Im gonna find that file. Also, I was able to load on the new market place. Once I did that, I downloaded Google Reader and logged in with my account. Ever since doing that, Now my Calendar works right with my appointments. And I figured out how to download APKs out of the market and put them in the system/app folder. Cool beans. Thanks

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Would you mind me asking how you installed the newest marketplace? I tried the instructions in the tips thread but I always get a parse error.

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Still cant get YouTube to work. Im gonna find that file. Also, I was able to load on the new market place. Once I did that, I downloaded Google Reader and logged in with my account. Ever since doing that, Now my Calendar works right with my appointments. And I figured out how to download APKs out of the market and put them in the system/app folder. Cool beans. Thanks

So what did you do with the APKs? I have moved the Pimlical APK for OS 2.0/2.1 to /system/apps, and have enabled non-market app installs and have installed both APKInstaller and Root Browser. Every time I try to install the APK it tells me non-market installs are not allowed.

What gives? I have power cycled the unit several times also.

Thanks,

aviduser

larryliz2000

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll probably have to use ADB to gain access to the system/app folder and then force it in from your pc. I believe Will Shanklin has links to them available in his post on installing HC3 to eMMC internally.

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
You'll probably have to use ADB to gain access to the system/app folder and then force it in from your pc. I believe Will Shanklin has links to them available in his post on installing HC3 to eMMC internally.

While I really do appreciate your response, I can't say that I understand it. Could you break it down a bit for me? I did force the APK into the /system/apps directory using Root Browser. I have the sideloading option enabled. But when I try to actually install the APK, it says non market APKs are not allowed. I have tried to install using both APKInstaller and Root Browser.

So how do I get it to install?

Thanks,

aviduser

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance