Froyo SD- ADB Issues advice/info needed

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok froyo burned to 8gb card boots fine, Trying to get ADB to work. I managed to get android phone with android composite device listed below it in the device manager.I also have 2 additional devices showing up 1 is a mass storage device the other shows up as a USB device ALL show nook location 0. I run the command prompts thru to adb devices and i get no serial number to return. I have tried ADB_USB and also tried thru SDK . I am looking for any info or suggestions or advice to get this to work. It has now become a challenge.
Thanks in advance

Ok finally got the adb working. now when i do adb push it stops at you tube read only file then it stops loading. Anyone have a suggestion?

Last edited:

ricsam

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
As a newbie, I had spent many hours trying to fix the same problem. If you search, there a number of threads that go into detail on how others solved this problem. Triple check that you followed the instruction correctly. I found that the troubleshooting link at the bottom of the 'install guide' helpful.

How I think I solved the problem of adb device seeing my device. I did so many things in those hours that I cant be completely sure what step(s) solved my problem.

1.Unplug the nc from the usb
2.Go to device, android composite device and uninstall the drivers.
3.Plug nc into usb, allowing computer to id, find and install drivers for the device.

That solved the problem of seeing the device and allowed me to move on to the next step which was more hours of trying to figure out how to use the comand prompts and push stuff to the device.

Reactions: ndinfla

pastapapa50

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
avi, I installed easy adb from your site, as explained. When I ran "adb devices" it gave me a string of numbers, but not my NC's serial number. Suggestion?

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning on USB storage? I've messed around so much with Nook Froyo and HC that I'm probably confused about what needs to happen when with which program, but I found that pulling down the drawer on the home screen of the NC, tapping the USB connection icon and then tapping 'Turn on USB Storage' got me up and running. That annoying message went away and I was able to transfer files.

Reactions: ndinfla

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
avi, I installed easy adb from your site, as explained. When I ran "adb devices" it gave me a string of numbers, but not my NC's serial number. Suggestion?

Interestingly, I have never seen my NCs serial number when I loaded adb. I thought I would, based on the instructions I followed, but all is get is: 11223344556677. Since I just glanced at it the first time and THOUGHT I was seeing the serial number, I went right ahead with pushing files. It was sometime later that I realized I was just seeing a series of numbers, but I have been pushing files right along! I am about to try the wireless method and will let you know if I get the serial number or the same series of numbers as shown above.

avi

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm...try the same over WiFi.

I am running CM7 v8 and sometimes I can't get it adb work from USB, but on WiFi always works like a charm. So I suggest you to try it once over WiFi

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I am running CM7 v8 and sometimes I can't get it adb work from USB, but on WiFi always works like a charm. So I suggest you to try it once over WiFi

Avi, thank you, thank you, thank you! I have tried adbWireless before but, because I misunderstood the instructions, I never got it to work before. True confession time: I typed the address into my computer's browser instead of in a command window. This is what I did when working with my router so I thought it was the right step. But your instructions make it clear that a command window needs to be opened first and then type the command. And I have learned that when it says 'from your computer run:', it means to open a command window. Thanks for making it clear.

@pastapapa

When I typed adb devices in the command window, it gave me the same address that shows in the adbWireless app. I have now successfully pushed a file to the NC for the first time and life just got a little easier!

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

are you booting from sd card or the rom. If you are booting from the card how do you get the wireless on to the sd card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress