Old files on rooted NC can't be seen

coase

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I gave up trying to install Froyo off SD card as I couldn't do too many things.

So I bit the bullet and used Autonooter 3.0. So far all is good. Except I had loaded about 300 free books onto the internal memory using Calibre for the BN reader before rooting the Nook. I can still see and read those books with the BN stock reader but nothing else on the rooted NC sees those files. I can't get Aldiko, Adobe, etc to access them. Using the Astro browser, I can't seem to gain access to the internal memory MyNookColor folders.

Is this right? Should I load future books onto the external memory card instead?

Did I make a mistake during the rooting?

Thanks.

dhornbeck

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If you use root explorer, a paid app, you can see the root of the NC, but I'm interested in what calibre is all about.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

coase

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I use the NC as a reader heavily and I think I figured it out. The original BN reader sees the books I loaded into internal memory easily but all the others -- Aldiko, etc. -- only see stuff saved to the SD card. Calibre is a pc program that can convert all the standard ebook formats and now that I've rebooted a few times, Calibre sees both the internal memory and the external SD card when I hook the NC up to the PC. So I can transfer files from my private library to either the internal or external uSD card without difficulty. Whenever I want to, I can the internals with BN reader. If I want to use Aldiko or Kindle to read my non DRM books, I have to make sure the files are on SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz