New NC Owner: Which ROM?

mauroac

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So I bought my nook yesterday. Got my 8 GB micro SD Card and I NEED HELP. What rom should I install? I don't mind rooting vs SD Card running android. I just want to have the smoothest android experience. I do have Froyo on my EPIC 4G.

I have read and read and I just can't decide. Root vs Froyo vs Gingerbread??? Please help.

Thanks for your thoughts.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I like CM7 (Gingerbread) I've been running it for a week and its smooth, cusomizable, and full featured. Plus I like the softkeys in the status bar and long press the n button for recent apps.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

mauroac

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I am having the hardest time installing. I have finally been able to write auto nooter on my card but now the card only has 50 mg (even tough is 8 GB) and I can't copy CM7 to the card bc of insufficient space? I was going to format the card but I can't. When I mount it gives me two "mounted images" 1. Nooter Files; 2. AutoNooter2. Any suggestions....

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
i'm all for CM7 but it's still a bit buggy.

regarding your sd card you probably need to re-partition it.
I had a similar issue and ended up fire up Linux Mint from a thumb drive so I could get access to GParted and re-partition the whole SD card.

I don't remember if it was the auto-nooter image that did that or not.

mauroac

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there an easier way? I have no idea on how to do the linux stuff. Is there a way to reset/reformat the card? I tried disk utility but it's grayed out the delete. I'm on a mac.

Last edited:

bravebull

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there an easier way? I have no idea on how to do the linux stuff. Is there a way to reset/reformat the card? I tried disk utility but it's grayed out the delete. I'm on a mac.

I use Easeus Partition Master Home Edition available at: EASEUS FREE Partition Manager Software. Free Partition Magic alternative for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008. Hard Drive partition software. It is free and allows you to repartition your memory card.
Edit: Sorry I now see that it is for windows and you said you are on a mac.

Last edited:

BKMSTR

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Try dling JoliCloud, googles attempt at a desktop/netbook/notebook OS. Put it on a jumpdrive and boot from that. Just run it as a test run, no linux stuff to worry about. Nice little OS to have as a backup incase anything happens to Windows ;)

Link - Jolicloud - Download

Plus there's instructions for installing on all other OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol