Emulators on NC

mrlingo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody loaded a good working emulator on their NC? I'd love to have any of them but am wondering about performance and would rather not end up spending money on one if the NC doesn't handle it well.

I'm running Stock Root.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I use the SNESnoid and Genesisnoid emulators on the Nook Color all the time and they both work well. The rom buddy app has boatloads of games available for both for $4. One feature that I really like is the way the game appears on screen. In portrait mode the game doesn't take up about an inch of the screen on each side and the controls are in that space. That way unlike the phone your hands aren't covering up part of the gameplay controlling the action. Your mileage may vary but me and my kids both like to play emulatulors on the Nook Color.

sqrtlsqd7

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've used the Nesoid emulator and that runs perfectly as well. Also ROM Gripper app has many roms for free that you can download. As with the phone versions, however, the controls take a little getting used to and dont feel as natural as actually holding a controller.

mrlingo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of stuff more turn based or rpg style. From the looks of it, I should be good. Has anyone tried the PSX emulator? I'm really curious how the NC will handle the graphics

Eddog4DROID

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Using Nesoid on my NC is 10x the experience. The Touchscreen controls are much more easier to use than on my Fascinate. Naturally is is extremely smooth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci