Nook Root/HC Questions

chrisamico1

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my Nook Color from the ebay daily deal today. I have been reading this forum all day about rooting and applying honeycomb. I do have a couple questions that are probably dumb, but I'm sure someone could answer them for me.

1) I see that Honeycomb is on the NC. Is it the Honeycomb demo? Or is it the full version of Honeycomb from the Xoom? Is HC on the NC stable?

2) What order should I be doing things? Do I root, then install HC? Or install HC then root? I basically want to know the simplest way to have root access, get HC on there, and get it going "hopefully" error free.

3) I noticed the NC has been OC'ed to 1100mhz. Is that for FroYo only or for anything?

Thanks for the help!

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Honeycomb is experimental at this point. CM7 also has issues. The most stable way to go is root the standard install of 2.1

sent from my NC

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
1) I see that Honeycomb is on the NC. Is it the Honeycomb demo? Or is it the full version of Honeycomb from the Xoom? Is HC on the NC stable?

2) What order should I be doing things? Do I root, then install HC? Or install HC then root? I basically want to know the simplest way to have root access, get HC on there, and get it going "hopefully" error free.

3) I noticed the NC has been OC'ed to 1100mhz. Is that for FroYo only or for anything?

Thanks for the help!

1) The build out today is based on the preview SDK. It's not a stable rom and many things like the market and the gapps don't work correctly yet. Expect more when the actual Honeycomb source drops from Google which should be soon, less than a month.

2) The nook has something called SD Card boot priority which just means it'll boot off the SD card first, if it's bootable. I would suggest that before you decide on a rom or even before you root try flashing a few roms to your SD card and try them out that way. If you have below a class 6 SD card things might be slow, but they'll work.
More info here. http://forum.androidcentral.com/bar...ughts-experiences-nook-romers-point-view.html

3) I believe all the roms can be overclocked but do your research in the primary thread of each rom before you install it. That's the best place to get your questions answered.