Fond memories...

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So I was perusing a "Post Your Home Screen" thread for the LG G4 this morning and I got very nostalgic for the old days of buying a Nook and "turning it into an Android Tablet".

Everyone was so creative back then (because we had to be) and we were really working with a blank canvas. I think I spent more time tinkering with than actually using that device. It sure was fun though!!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
tech stuff is just like that....I remember the old days of DOS and having to remember long command lines to run programs before interfaces were really graphic....and then if you make a mistake, start over. It was when computers were as much toys and intriguing things to play with as productivity devices. I liked it at the time, but...

Admittedly, no interest in that these days. I just need it to work. When I remember the bad old days--only nostalgia makes it seem fun--Windows 10 is like magic by comparison. And then there were the days when it seemed exciting to get an add-on hard drive that had to be installed in a slot rather than USB. But, gosh, it would bring you an extra 120 megs for $699. That's megs, not gigs. ;)

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
tech stuff is just like that....I remember the old days of DOS and having to remember long command lines to run programs before interfaces were really graphic....and then if you make a mistake, start over. It was when computers were as much toys and intriguing things to play with as productivity devices. I liked it at the time, but...

Admittedly, no interest in that these days. I just need it to work. When I remember the bad old days--only nostalgia makes it seem fun--Windows 10 is like magic by comparison. And then there were the days when it seemed exciting to get an add-on hard drive that had to be installed in a slot rather than USB. But, gosh, it would bring you an extra 120 megs for $699. That's megs, not gigs. ;)

LOL. So true. It's great to be able to just use a device without worrying about making it work.

I do keep a laptop around here that is seemingly just used to install Linux Distros on then re-install a different flavor two months later.