Problem transfering videos with browsix?

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Alright since this is obviously not about video players I've changed the thread.

So the problem I'm having is that apparently something is happening to videos when I use browsix to transfer them to my NC. None of them will play with any video player, but if I use say dropbox to download a video, it will play perfectly. Something must be happening in the transfer. Could someone else with browsix possibly try this for me and post their results? Just transfer a video to your NC using browsix and try playing it with whatever app you want.

Last edited:

spolfliet

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi Clak,

I am the developer of Browsix and you are the first to report this issue. Did you transfer the video using the file manager? Or did you download it from the video page?

Stijn

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I used the general file manager and just copied it into the download folder on my NC. The file was deep in a set of folders so I just browsed to it manually like that.

spolfliet

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I am unable to reproduce your problem. Could you give me some more information. Did you try with the latest Browsix version? What host browser + os version are you using?

If it still doesn't work, would it be possible to send me two sample videos (one downloaded using dropbox, another using Browsix) so I can check what the difference is at the byte-level. (you can send to info@browsix.com)

Thanks for your patience,
Stijn

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I used the latest version of browsix. I used Firefox and am running Windows 7. It isn't any specific video that does it really, I tried a few different videos and none would play after being transferred with browsix. I do think they were all divx/xvid encoded if that helps any, didn't try any WMV files.

spolfliet

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi Clak and others,

Good news!

It took me some time, but I found the problem. There was a bug in the chunked file transfer implementation.

I am very thankful to you Clak, nobody else reported this issue and I guess it was around for quite some time already.

Thanks for your feedback and I hope you keep enjoying Browsix!

Could you see if everything is working for you now?

Stijn