Having extreme problems burning to SD card

ebphoto

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
1st let me start by saying I am in no way a Unix person. The closest I came to using unix was programing terminal servers way back when. So here is the problems I am having:

I download the nookhoney04.img.zip file on to my Mac. When it finishes it starts to unzip itself automatically and I get a disk icon on my desktop, one that is "boot" the other is "sdcard". I put in my new 8G SD card and it shows on the desktop as "NO NAME". I copied the terminal screen so you can see what I am seeing when following your instructions:

Last login: Thu Mar 3 14:11:05 on console
new-host-2:~ ebphoto$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *320.1 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 319.7 GB disk0s2
/dev/disk1
0: Apple_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk1
1: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Seagate 2Gig 2.0 TB disk1s3
/dev/disk2
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk2
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS FreeAgent Drive 999.9 GB disk2s2
/dev/disk3
0: Apple_partition_scheme *15.2 GB disk3
1: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFSX ebphoto 15.2 GB disk3s2
new-host-2:~ ebphoto$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
0: GUID_partition_scheme *320.1 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 319.7 GB disk0s2
/dev/disk1
0: Apple_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk1
1: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Seagate 2Gig 2.0 TB disk1s3
/dev/disk2
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk2
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS FreeAgent Drive 999.9 GB disk2s2
/dev/disk3
0: Apple_partition_scheme *15.2 GB disk3
1: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFSX ebphoto 15.2 GB disk3s2
/dev/disk4
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *3.7 GB disk4
1: Windows_FAT_32 boot 123.3 MB disk4s1
2: Linux 699.1 MB disk4s2
3: Linux 699.1 MB disk4s3
4: Windows_FAT_32 sdcard 1.3 GB disk4s4
/dev/disk5
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *7.9 GB disk5
1: DOS_FAT_32 NO NAME 7.9 GB disk5s1
new-host-2:~ ebphoto$ diskutil unmountDisk/dev/disk5
diskutil: did not recognize verb "unmountDisk/dev/disk5"; type "diskutil" for a list
new-host-2:~ ebphoto$ diskutil unmountdisk /dev/disk5
Unmount of all volumes on disk5 was successful
new-host-2:~ ebphoto$ dd if=nookhoney04.img of=/dev/rdisk5 bs=1m
dd: nookhoney04.img: No such file or directory

So as yo can see from above, it didn't work. I tried several time but each failed. Sorry if these are dumb questions but like I said I'm not a Unix or programmer. I even copied the nookhoney.img file onto my desktop to see if that would help but it didn't make a difference. I would really like to get this up and running on my NookColor from the SD card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
Eric

ebphoto

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Would've been nice...

Sure would've been nice if someone mentioned that nookhoney.img had to be in the root directory of the mac hard drive. Took me a few hours to figure that one out but once I did it worked fine. Now I just nee help getting the Market onto the nookcolor.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Sure would've been nice if someone mentioned that nookhoney.img had to be in the root directory of the mac hard drive. Took me a few hours to figure that one out but once I did it worked fine. Now I just nee help getting the Market onto the nookcolor.

Actually it can be anywhere but the command:

dd if=nookhoney04.img of=/dev/rdisk5 bs=1m

Expects it to be in root. Basically the "if=nookhoney04.img" is pointing to the image. So if it was in a folder called "myfolder" the command would be:

dd if=/myfolder/nookhoney04.img of=/dev/rdisk5 bs=1m

Certainly confusing if you're not familiar with unix terminal commands. I'm glad you got it working. Just wanted to post this for further reference.

ebphoto

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
thanks now if i can just get the market to work!

Thank you for the clarification, itt actually makes sense now. The code works great on the nookcolor but there's not much to use it for. Is there a way to get the market application to work as well?

Thanks,
E.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
There's a section in this thread discussing how to install the market:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/bar...oad-install-honeycomb-nook-color-sd-card.html

I haven't installed it on mine yet. I just moved a few APK files for the apps I used over from my Evo to my NC using dropbox and installed them that way.

Once the Honeycomb source comes out and we get a final build I'm sure I'll spend the time installing the market.

denise2277

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
i tried to burn nookhoney onto the microsd card but everytime i try it on winimage it says access denied.
*please help* i already removed the write protection so i was wondering if this was cause by smoething else.
:'(

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
i tried to burn nookhoney onto the microsd card but everytime i try it on winimage it says access denied.
*please help* i already removed the write protection so i was wondering if this was cause by smoething else.
:'(

The Honeycomb ROM does not fully work. It was just a preview. Better to stick with CM7 or wait until CM9 (ICS) is stable.