NOOKColor ADB

dpakrr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I live in New Zealand and just ordered my NOOKColor off ebay with the $50 discount. I got them to ship it to a US address and forward it onto me, so it wont be here for another week.

But I have already bought a Class 6 Transcend 8GB MicroSDHC card and a sleeve for the NOOKColor. I am very interested in running Honeycomb V4 off the MicroSD card. The instructions seem fairly straightfoward upto the bit about installing Market onto Honeycomb.

Installing the Android Market on the Nook Color running Honeycomb:

1. Download this version of the Market (2.2.11).

2. Download GoogleServicesFramework.apk.

3. Place the files in your adb tools folder (or platform-tools on the newer version - wherever adb.exe is)

4. Open a command prompt in that folder, and issue the following commands:

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system

adb push Vending.apk system/app/Vending.apk

adb push GoogleServicesFramework.apk system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk

adb shell

cd system/app

chmod 6755 Vending.apk

chmod 6755 GoogleServicesFramework.apk

exit

adb reboot

Then go to apps, open the market, sign in. If the Market won't open at first, reboot and try again.

I have absolutely no idea what steps 3 and 4 are saying. Could someone please tell me more about adb and how to go about setting it up for the NOOKColor?

Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I live in New Zealand and just ordered my NOOKColor off ebay with the $50 discount. I got them to ship it to a US address and forward it onto me, so it wont be here for another week.

But I have already bought a Class 6 Transcend 8GB MicroSDHC card and a sleeve for the NOOKColor. I am very interested in running Honeycomb V4 off the MicroSD card. The instructions seem fairly straightfoward upto the bit about installing Market onto Honeycomb.

Installing the Android Market on the Nook Color running Honeycomb:

1. Download this version of the Market (2.2.11).

2. Download GoogleServicesFramework.apk.

3. Place the files in your adb tools folder (or platform-tools on the newer version - wherever adb.exe is)

4. Open a command prompt in that folder, and issue the following commands:

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system

adb push Vending.apk system/app/Vending.apk

adb push GoogleServicesFramework.apk system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk

adb shell

cd system/app

chmod 6755 Vending.apk

chmod 6755 GoogleServicesFramework.apk

exit

adb reboot

Then go to apps, open the market, sign in. If the Market won't open at first, reboot and try again.

I have absolutely no idea what steps 3 and 4 are saying. Could someone please tell me more about adb and how to go about setting it up for the NOOKColor?

Thanks

have you ever downloaded or used Android SDK tools?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
no but if theres instructions you could tell me/link me to, i am pretty sure i can do it. thanks

well i dont own a nook color and i heard things are a little different, but if you have some time i will work with you to try a couple things out

Reactions: dpakrr

dpakrr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
ok thanks. i dont have the NOOKColor yet. as i said in the OP its on its way and should be here in a week.

just gathering all the instructions, so i can get right into it once its here. will drop you a message once its here. cheers!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks. i dont have the NOOKColor yet. as i said in the OP its on its way and should be here in a week.

just gathering all the instructions, so i can get right into it once its here. will drop you a message once its here. cheers!

oh sorry i missed that,, yeah let me know when it arrives

avi

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you !

Please go through that link and let me know if you don't understand anything. So that I will update the post and it will be helpful to others also :)

Adontain

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Follow this ^ for the download of ADB/SDK (assuming you're on Windows). Check the Sticky thread on Honeycomb on an SD card for more information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois