Can't create shortcut

idoc21

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I have rooted my NC and am just running the stock ROM. Whenever I try to create a shortcut, I select "create shortcut," then nothing happens. I've tried several different launchers, installed and uninstalled them and rebooted several times. Anyone else having this problem?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have rooted my NC and am just running the stock ROM. Whenever I try to create a shortcut, I select "create shortcut," then nothing happens. I've tried several different launchers, installed and uninstalled them and rebooted several times. Anyone else having this problem?

One thread on XDA said that B&N had removed the code to support shortcuts.

dcumbertop

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, you can't make shortcuts with the stock B&N ROM. It's something to do with the way it's coded in the ROM or something...too complex for my non-IT brain, anyway. Nonetheless, it's a known limitation and to my understanding there's no way around if you're using the stock ROM.

idoc21

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I take it back...I just found on another thread that you can create a shortcut by opening the app launcher, long pressing the app you want to add to the home screen, then it will let you drop it there. Just tried it with ADW and it works perfect. Simple as that!

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I take it back...I just found on another thread that you can create a shortcut by opening the app launcher, long pressing the app you want to add to the home screen, then it will let you drop it there. Just tried it with ADW and it works perfect. Simple as that!

That's not really the same thing, but yes, you can put an app icon on your desktop to launch the app.

bedroid

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
smart shortcut

Almost the same as a shortcut....just install smart shortcut app and add the shortcut as a widget...hope that work for you...

yeroc40

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this as well and was having trouble, but GoLauncher works for me. Press and hold on the home screen for the menu and select application or widget to add. Shortcut does not work, but I don't really need it if app and widget work.

johnny99

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Almost the same as a shortcut....just install smart shortcut app and add the shortcut as a widget...hope that work for you...

Which app do you use? Does it work for shortcuts that are not apps (e.g. a shortcut to a contact or a file or a URL or a function within an app)?

Patnet

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

That works with Zeam (sp?) too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci