Win32DiskImager error

2sneaky4u

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok I am getting an error when I click on the Win32DiskImager file. after hitting allow for allow program from an unknown publisher. immediately I get this error.

An error occurred when attempting to get a handle on the device. this usually means something is currently accessing the device; please close all applications and try again. error 6

i rebooted to and this is the first app i tried to open. same error. I then verified that the sd card was formatted to fat32. The application will open but after writing the auto-nooter to the card the nook will power on when plugged in and boot to the existing os. any suggestions would help.

just in case I am running windows 7 enterprise 64-bit
Win32disk image= win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.2-r23-win32

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I ran into the same issues but mine happened when i was trying to make a back up of the card. I have read that this seems to be a program issue that others are having as well.
To date i have not seen a response to this.

GrillMouster

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you try running it as administrator? Right click the shortcut to Win32DiskImager and selecting "Run as Aministrator". Enter the password for the administrator account when it asks for it.

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes it didnt seem to matter. I tried rebooting even re downloaded it still get the same error. I googled it and there was a lot of others suffering the same.

2sneaky4u

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
ok i went to work and use a coworkers window 7 32 bit lap top and got it to run and rooted the nook. and yes i was running as admin. i think that the app was for 32 bit windows. I was able to burn the file to the card but i was not able to load it on the nook that because i tryed to take the card out of the nc before it loaded all the way. my bad when the instructions said take it out before it rebooted i thought it would reboot by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20