Nookie Froyo: New Market, Youtube, Wifi Location (?)

Eddog4DROID

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Three basic questions:

In Google Maps: I have wifi on, but it does not find my location. IN the same setup in Auto Nooter it would lock on instantly. IS there another step requied in NF?

Youtube -- I am getting mix signals on this: Are there ANY circumstances where the Youtube APP actually will work in Nookie Froyo? If so, link to instructions? UPDATE: SOLVED, INSTALLED THE .APK FROM MY FASCINATE

New Market -- I have a New Market .apk but it will not install. It worked fine on Auto Nooter 3.0. I try to install it on NF in Root Explorer and it is a no go.

And while I am here, I'd love to get the files that will help remove the empty signal bars in the notification bar. In the one thread that has these file (NF Tips and Workarounds) the link is dead (as well as the New Market link which applies to question above).

Any help on these four would be great!

Last edited:

psybertech

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Here are the files to remove the signal bar - they are zipped, so extract first and then follow the instructions in the TIPS thread...
Remove Signal Bars - android.policy.jar and services.jar

As for the market, forgive me since I am very new to droids, are there two different market apks? ... meaning, one being the classic look and one being different or something?
I only ask since the one in HC looks a little different to me compared to the one in nookie Froyo.

If so, I can't help, but if you can't get the market to work at all in NF, then let all I did was follow the install instructions for NF in general and never did the suggestion in that same TIP thread you mentioned above. The market installed from the how to install NF works fine for me, but again, if it is to update to a newer version that is linked in the TIPS thread, then I am of no help, sorry.

Eddog4DROID

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the new Market.apk in a thread on XDA. It worked perfectly on Auto Nooter 3.0; I can't get it to work at all in Nookie Froyo.

I set up a dual boot yesterday with CM7 (2.3) on the Nook. It DOES ahve the new market--it just doesn't show my downloaded apps.

Oi vay. I can't wait for some of these ROMs to smooth themselves out.