Reversed audio channels??

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I was curious if anyone else has had issue with the audio channels being reversed on their nook. It's a little disorienting to be watching a movie and have sound coming from the left when the visual onscreen has it coming from the right.

Actually, I also had another issue where the audio was much louder on the right side, but strangely after I played an audio .mp3 and went back to the movie the problem fixed itself. Weird.

So about the reversed channels...is that a common glitch with the NC's??

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
anyone??

i just received a replacement from B&N and it has the same problem. i test the files on my computer and they play correctly so its definitely the NC. WTH?

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
yes please test it out on your NC and report back. this is actually the third NC i've had. the first one i got at best buy but returned it within a couple days due to the $200 sale in the B&N Ebay store. sadly i can't remember if the first NC i had did the same thing or not. regardless, for sure the 2 i've gotten from B&N reverse the audio channels and it drives me nuts.

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry used to do this so you had to use their headsets. I wonder if B&N is taking the same proprietary approach?

that would be interesting. i'm not gonna assume anything until other people check this out and we see if its just a bad batch or if its all nooks. its quite disorienting when, for instance, someone in the movie on the left side of the screen slams a door but you hear it in the right ear.

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of flipped audio. Wonder if this could be fixed with a software patch or if the socket needs re-wiring?

i'm glad i'm not the only one. i really wonder if more nooks, or maybe all, do this but people just use the kind of headsets that you can just put on the other ear or maybe they just don't notice or care.

i'm on my second nook and they both did the same thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois