how do I copy a pdf file to Honeycomb Nook

davidkj

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance - in advance!

I have injstalled Honeycomb (v0.4) onto an 8 gig SD card with no problem whatsoever. Then installed Market as per the documented instructions - again all went well.
I then installed a few Apps from Market - e.,g. Nook Android installed fine.
However reading a purchased book from B&N works - till I attempt to use the "Back" key in the lower left of the screen which causes the Nook B&N reader to crash and 'force a close".
This may simply be that the B&N Nook Android Reader is not 100% compatible with this early release of Honeycomb - perhaps?

My dumb question is - how do I upload a regular PDF file to the Honeycomb'ed Nook? If I connect the HC Nook to my Windows machine, I am able to use ADB to connect to install apk apps but I am unable to see the Honeycomb file structure in Explorer to allow me to simply copy a .pdf file..

(I said it was a dumb question)..

Eddog4DROID

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming USB mount is not working in Honeycomb yet? If it is, then..... well, yeah. Folder should pop up as soon as it is attached and copy .pdf into it and then view the pdf (such as Adobe Reader) will scan your sd card for all pdf's and post them w/o doing anything.

Now if you CANT USB Mount? Download a great/cheap app called Websharing I think. Just maybe that will allow you to access your Nook storage over wifi.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Dropbox a lot of the time to move stuff to my NC. It makes it easy to move any files from one computer to another. Just dump them into the cloud and pull them down to your device. You get 2GB for free.

If you sign up with Dropbox you can use my referral link and we both get an extra 250GB free. Not trying to spam the service, but it is pretty good.

Referral link: http://db.tt/m7DfKVy

davidkj

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am able to use ADB - that is how I installed Market.

I am now just wanting to copy a bog standard PDF file to Honeycomb - but not sure how - or the correct location to drop it into as I do not appear to see the file structure from within Windows of the attached Nook SD card 'drive'.
Should I be able to see the Honeycomb SD card file structure from within Windows? If so, Then I have some unrelated problem as ADB works.

If however, it is 'correct' that I cannot see the SD file structure, I see from your example above that ADB can itself copy a data file (which I didn't realize)... in which case, I just need to know the 'correct' location on the Honeycomb SD card to drop it into. (you mention /sdcard/... above).

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I havn't tried it with honeycomb, but froyo worked as you described in windows. However, Linux could see all of the partitions. If you happen to have a Linux box around, that could be a good solution.

davidkj

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don;t have access to a Linux box.
At least you have confirmed that I cannot see the file structure from Windows Explorer.
In which case I am OK to use ADB as per the previous poster's suggestion.
adb push my.pdf /sdcard/my.pdf
I just need to know the correct directory location within the Honeycomb SD card where to drop the file. The suggestion above is/sdcard/ but that may have been just an example..

Any help on the correct location would be appreciated.

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The SD card will have a partition called /sdcard.

If you use the adb shell command, you should be able to see the file structure using the Unix command 'ls'.

Reactions: davidkj

smakcc

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Here are the steps:

1. Get NookColorUMS application from here:

xda-developers

2. Install

3. Open application, with nook connected to PC, select "mount media" and hit the confirm mounting button below.

4. You should now be able to see the Nook drive on your PC.

5. Copy the file.

6. Using a file manager go to /media. You should see your file or folders here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci