Locating APK's not available on the HC specific market

jbrown1114

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have my NC flashed to HC (internal) using the directions given in this forum. Everything as far as that goes is working great, but there are a few applications that I have installed on my Droid X, that are not available in HC market, that I would like to be able to load onto my nook if possible.

As far as I understand it, I need to find the apk's for the apps then I could manually load them onto my nook. I know there are third party sources to download apk's, but from the searching I have done, apk's that are available through the standard Android market do not apprear to be readily available through the third party markets.

I have also tried rooting my phone and usign Astro to search for apk's on my phone. That turned up a lot of system level stuff, but I didn't find any apk's for apps that I have downloaded from the market.

Is there a way to download apk's that are available through the Android market, or even to pull them of my Droid X somehow? Some examples of the apk's I'm looking for areGun Bro's, Pocket Legends, and the Get Fuzzy comic strip reader (for my wife). Thanks for any help you can give.

jbrown1114

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, i backed up the apps using titanium, and located the apk's in the titanium backup folder, however, i noticed that the files are "*.apk.gz". Can i remove the .gz when i copy them to my nook and install them directly, or did it actually change the file format so that I will need to use titanium or some other application to install them onto my nook? Thank's again for the help.

jbrown1114

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So, to answer my own question. The *.apk.gz files can be unpacked with winrar, coppied over to the nook, and then installed directly. Hope that helps anyone else looking to do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781