making a SD card for gingerbread/NC

DrDiff

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to make a SD card for gingerbread on nook color. Unfortunately the only way to get the computer to recognise the 16gb class 4 card is to have it in a phone. I have a Scandisk adapter and my computer has a slot to insert the SD slot on the PC but the PC will not recognise the card unless it is in a phone. what driver do I need to update toenable the computer to see the 16 gb class 4 memmory card?

thanks

dpakrr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
hey i dont think you need any specific drivers. my computer is like that too. sometimes it wont read and i have to push the sd adapter in pretty hard. i think some cpus just come with bad card reader input things.

the problem with that is that, its not safe if the sd adapter goes loose from the cpu and fails in the middle of a file transfer, so i suggest sticking with the phone method. or you could access your sd card via wifi using apps like samba

Last edited:

Pudmunkie

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Try picking up an adapter that plugs I'm to a USB slot. I found one at radioshack for 10 bucks I think

Sent from my rooted nook using Tapatalk

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
If it's consistently not seeing it, not just intermittent as dpakrr suggested, it may be old an not HC (high capacity) compliant. SD is up to 2GB; SDHC is larger than 2GB.

Does it read any other SD cards that are larger than 2GB ? If it does, then I dunno. If it doesn't, then it may be you just need to update the firmware on the card reader. If you can find it.

I had a SanDisk USB adapter that wasn't HC-ready and had to update the firmware from their site. Works fine now. (It's the traveling one I keep in my camera bag.)

Or just get a new card-reader. As mentioned, they're pretty cheap -- $10 or so.

caro2

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Agree with dcreed. If it is an older computer your card reader doesnt do sdhc. Try another newer one if you have access. If it works replace the reader or get a usb cardreader

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non