[Help] Can't Reformat MicroSD?

ZhouYu

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all. First time poster, hope you don't mind. I'm trying to turn my NC into a tablet, via Froyo OR Honeycomb on Micro-SD cards.

I got two. Both SanDisk. One is an 8 gig the other a 16. If possible, I'd put both on so I can swap out between the variations (unless I can find a cheap way to put it into some compact flash adaptor so I can slide one of the Micro SD into my PSP that is).

The instructions are clear and easy, that's not the problem.

Problem seems to be, I put both SDs in my NC before, for one reason or another. Obviously the NC formatted the cards to be NC readable. I try to put the SDs into my computers to put, say, Froyo on the SD, and my computer is unable to reformat the SD and install the Froyo (or Honeycomb either). It's as if after getting on the NC, the NC somehow write protected the SD cards.

So, my question is: How can I get the Micro-SD cards to be written to via the computer? Is there some way to 'super reformat' them? Should I repartition them?

I'm running Mac OSX 10.4 on one computer and Win XP on another computer, so it doesn't matter if your method is Mac or Windows in style, assuming it will work on those OS versions.

Any help is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
did the cards work with your PC before you formatted? is your PC at least recognizing the cards?

the problem is likely that you need a new card reader that can handle the larger capacity cards. i just had to buy a new one as my old reader wasn't recognizing my 8gb cards.

if your PC is recognizing the cards and you are just having difficulty formatting them then try this formatting program that is specifically for memory cards: SD Card Format Tool.

Howdy all. First time poster, hope you don't mind. I'm trying to turn my NC into a tablet, via Froyo OR Honeycomb on Micro-SD cards.

I got two. Both SanDisk. One is an 8 gig the other a 16. If possible, I'd put both on so I can swap out between the variations (unless I can find a cheap way to put it into some compact flash adaptor so I can slide one of the Micro SD into my PSP that is).

The instructions are clear and easy, that's not the problem.

Problem seems to be, I put both SDs in my NC before, for one reason or another. Obviously the NC formatted the cards to be NC readable. I try to put the SDs into my computers to put, say, Froyo on the SD, and my computer is unable to reformat the SD and install the Froyo (or Honeycomb either). It's as if after getting on the NC, the NC somehow write protected the SD cards.

So, my question is: How can I get the Micro-SD cards to be written to via the computer? Is there some way to 'super reformat' them? Should I repartition them?

I'm running Mac OSX 10.4 on one computer and Win XP on another computer, so it doesn't matter if your method is Mac or Windows in style, assuming it will work on those OS versions.

Any help is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

ZhouYu

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I got it working!

Now to figure out the best way for me to put apps on it.

And why my 8 gig card only shows 500 some megs for space and my 16 gig shows only about 1.2 gigs space.

But still! I got the important first steps done. Thanks. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae