Got a Nook last week, looking for the perfect ROM

rphillipps16

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I got sick of waiting for the Thunderbolt so I bought a Nook last week, and I'm absolutely loving it so far. I started on Phiremod and eventually made it to stock CM7, and it's been great, except for one big thing. I can connect to my personal WPA2 router, but I cannot connect to my school's 802.1x EAP network nearly as easily, and connecting to it is pretty important to me. I've heard that CM7 has had wifi-related bugs, so does anyone know of a good ROM that has fully functional wifi?

On a side note, I can't get Dalingrin's Overclock Kernel to work properly. It apparently flashes successfully, but whenever I go to overclock, the maximum speed is 925 MHz.

Edit: Running nightly 14 from 3/8/11, haven't upgraded in a few days

Last edited:

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This isn't an answer to your question, but I too just started with a fresh Nook over the weekend. I'm currently on Phiremod v4.1 and yes, I also have the wifi problem. I'm attempting to push files around in adb from a nookie froyo ROM to try to mix-and-match to get it to work.

If it weren't for that issue, it'd be the best ROM that I've tried, in my opinion.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I originally tried CM7 but dropped it because of wifi. However, there is a fix out there according to the XDA forums. I haven't gone back to try it but there has been lots of positive notes.

Root nook color /install cm7/ fix wifi issue with dlink - xda-developers

Now using root explorer go to /system/etc/wifi/ and find the tiwlan.ini file, at the top of the screen youll notice a button that says Mount R/W, click it. now press and hold on tiwlan.ini and open in text editor. go down about half way to find WifiAdhoc = 1 or something to that affect.
WiFiAdhoc is set to 1 on the cm7 builds but if you need change it to 0 for wpa/wpa2 will work.
Once that is set to 0, reboot, and connect to your internets.

Last edited:

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
go down about half way to find WifiAdhoc = 1 or something to that affect.
WiFiAdhoc is set to 1 on the cm7 builds but if you need change it to 0 for wpa/wpa2 will work.
Once that is set to 0, reboot, and connect to your internets.

Mine was already set to 0. Still no luck.

Hopefully a fix will come out in a future v4.2?...

mrmartinblue

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Nookie Color overclocked to 1.1, everything's working awesome. I had some trouble with wifi but used an app called sleep locker keep the wifi on, didn't see too much battery drain as of yet. I tried Phiremod 4.1 and really liked it BUT could not get it to play flash video reliably. I read that you need to reinstall flash after every reboot and that DSP hardware acceleration isn't operational so videos are slow and studdery -something I also noticed when I did get flash working. On nookie froyo flash vid's run perfectly in browser or in an app. Anyone running flash vid's really well on Phiremod?