Help With Thumb Keyboard on Nook Color!

macdaddycjs

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted Nook Color, and I have been trying to install Thum Keyboard for 3 days now. I also bought Root Explorer to copy files, to the Sym/app and it is there and I still do not show as an option when I try to change to thumb keyboard. It is in my applications, and on my sd card, I also installed both of the NK TKB Installer 1, and 2, still not an option, please help, thanks:)

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the installer allows it to work without copying to system/app. Not sure as I had tkb b4 the installer was available. You have to open the app(in extras) and go through the setup, then use nook color tools to select it. You may have to reset the nook at some point in the process get it all to work.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
When I download it from the market, it doesn't show up under Extras, but shows up in the App Drawer. I guess in order for me to open it in Extras I do need to move it over to system/app. I've tried everything except opening it from Extras. Hopefully that will work.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried opening in extras, still not an option, going to try to start over from the beggining again, any ideas?

I started from the beginning. I deleted all copies of Thumb Keyboard from my Nook, rebooted, downloaded it from the market, and copied it to System/App. I think I may have rebooted again and then opened it from Extras. Then when I went to select the keyboard it had finally appeared. Once you get it loaded you can configure it so one keyboard loads for Portrait Mode and another loads for Landscape.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about stock NC, but in most versions of android, you have to go into the settings and specifically enable any new keyboards.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
OK seriously - how do you enter a comma? I'm in landscape using the 7" tablet mode. I see it paired with the period when I access the numeric keypad but I can't access it. I've tried the long press but it doesn't work. Doing a long press on the Return button brings up a punctuation menu but I can't scroll down to see all the selections.

macdaddycjs

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I un-installed everything, and re-installed the installer, followed the instructions and it worked perfect this time, I love it, it is so awesome, thank you all for your input!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX