Multiple Books / Docs

Trail Runner

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the forum and to researching the nook color. I am wondering if it can have two books open at the same time or a book and a document with a switching app. to go back and forth between the two. Anyone...?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If they are running by two separate programs then yes.

On Android devices if you long press (hold it for a second) on the home key it pops up a recent list of the last 6(<=2.1) or 8(2.2>) programs you have ran. It is very easy to simply press the home button and select the other program. I have used it to easily change from a pdf file to a book I was reading.

Since the Nook does not have a home key I am sure there are easier ways to replicate this button and I hope others post some ways to do it here.

As of now I simply put an app shortcut to SoftKeys on the screen so when I press it it pops up a recent list. This can be turned on under settings.

Easy really.

As far as I know I know there is no way to have the same program display two different documents back and forth. I am sure it could be done but it would have to be written into the program. I would just use two programs.