rooted nook wifi issues

elawr

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I have succeeded in rooting my nookcolor using CyanogenMod 7 No longer a Barnes and Noble e-reader, it now appears to be an Android tablet computer running Encore. First issue I want to resolve is how to activate wifi service. When I try to under Settings, I get a message:

"The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

So far, I not been able to find any reference to this, nor an obvoius fix. Anyone else had any experience with this one?

Thanks!

elawr

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for answering my post!....

The wifi worked normally prior to rooting. Since I did the procedure at work with no wifi access, I don't know at what point that function became disabled.

elawr

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was unable to resolve wifi issue. Therefore, I have restored my Nook to factory settings (1.01 version). This was accomplished easily in one try, by following Will Shanklin's excellent instructions in his sticky under "All things rooted". The device behaves as if nothing ever happened.

Thank you Will!

Now convinced that Nook Color roots are easily reversible, I am encouraged to explore this further. I'm thinking about trying Froyo next...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1