1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switching OS's...saved data transfer?

I've been running stock rooted for a while. Would like to switch to Froyo or maybe Honeycomb. However, I was curious if there is a way to transfer the saved data from my games and other apps? I mean...can't give up all the progress I've made on angry birds!

But seriously, if I use Titantium back up or something similar to back my data up, can I re-import the data to the new version of android?

-Brian
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Am i asking this in the wrong place?

ROM
    Stock for now/Cm7 nightly

Yes ti will put you back to where you backed up. Apps games all of it. Definitely worth the donate.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Titanium backup will save data. I also use mybackup root. It will backup. Data, apks, and even your homescreen layouts...I found it very handy.

Titanium Backup saved my progress in Robo Defense when I went from rooted stock to CM7.

So thankful for Titanium Backup.

I am about to go from Root to CM7. I have 2 SD cards- class 4 4gb (in my phone)and a class 6 8gb (in NC) at my disposal.

If I back up my files to my NC SD Card can I move them to say my Dropbox before I make the switch and then restore them to card and then onto NC from there? Or do I need to use my phone's SD card to back up/restore from that?

I did something the wrong when I moved from Froyo to Rooted Stock and I lost my alchemy and angry birds progess. I'd like to avoid that mistake again! Thanks!