Why CM7 over Honeycomb?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm on honeycomb right now for my nook. However, I keep seeing everyone going crazy over CM7. What are the advantages of CM7? I'm especially interested in hearing from anyone that's either gone from CM7->Honeycomb or vice versa. All thoughts welcome of course.

Is it faster? Can it see more apps in the market (my biggest annoyance)? Better touch screen performance, especially around the edges?

Note: I don't use bluetooth.

coolVariable

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on honeycomb right now for my nook. However, I keep seeing everyone going crazy over CM7. What are the advantages of CM7? I'm especially interested in hearing from anyone that's either gone from CM7->Honeycomb or vice versa. All thoughts welcome of course.

Is it faster? Can it see more apps in the market (my biggest annoyance)? Better touch screen performance, especially around the edges?

Note: I don't use bluetooth.

I think you nailed the three main advantages of CM:
Speed, more apps in the market, and touch screen on the edges.
I also get annoyed by the lack of a dictionary/correction with the hc keybrd.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I use thumb keyboard, so that's not a real issue. But if the rest are greatly improved, it may be worth a go. Thanks.

beerhound

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have CM7 flashed onto the nook and HC on an SD card. The better touch screen response is very nice, but not a deal breaker for me. Speed is tough for me to call because one is flashed into memory and the other is on SD so not a fair comparison. More apps is huge though, the lack of apps restricts the usefulness of the nook. In fact, I wonder how much it will hurt the consumers impression of Android tablets when they get their shiny new toy and have so few apps to install on it.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have CM7 flashed onto the nook and HC on an SD card. The better touch screen response is very nice, but not a deal breaker for me. Speed is tough for me to call because one is flashed into memory and the other is on SD so not a fair comparison. More apps is huge though, the lack of apps restricts the usefulness of the nook. In fact, I wonder how much it will hurt the consumers impression of Android tablets when they get their shiny new toy and have so few apps to install on it.

The nook's HC app selection is nothing like the XOOMs or other true honeycomb tablets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc